View Single Post
Old 19-01-2005, 18:16   #4
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
hmmm... well, I havent personally been there... but Ive heard stories from bulgarians visiting greece .... and the Balkan subjects are Balkan subjects no matter what. ... although you are escaping to the south a bit. But they said (the bulgarians) that greeks HATE bulgarians and act very 'snobby' around us lol .. all of my friends had bad greek experiences.

bulgarian girls dont want to be labeled 'sluts' either .... its just the general understanding of 'sexy' is different ... what is 'slutty' standard to one, is 'sexy; standard' to others.
I never understood what the problem is with Bulgarian people. I can understand it with the Turks and the Albanians, but not with the Bulgarians. There must be something but I don't know what it is. The Bulgarians sided with the Nazi in WWII, right? That might have something to do with that.
Yeah I'm afraid the Southerns ( those people in Athens mostly, who are cocooned around their own little existence ) use the word "Bulgarians" as an insult for the Northerners. It's going on for a while and has become commonplace on sports grounds. It has generated attention recently and it's going to become an issue that comes to the Greek House of Parliament. The antipathy may have something to do with that.
So to be called a "Bulgarian" is synonymous to a big insult. I don't understand it and I don't think it's fair either but it's only me.

Quote:
I noticed the girls and young ladies in east Europe try their best to be as beautiful, elegant, classy, attractive, tasteful, pretty, fashionable and appropriate. Very impressive compared to north American and the no cares grunge look.
That is true for the Greek girls as well.