View Single Post
Old 24-11-2003, 00:08   #67
pie crust

Quote:
Ok.. Personally, I think someone who is offended by anything written or said is weak, and attached to humanity.
I don't agree But I must say I have improved on this. I used to be very hurt by things said or written, but now things have gotten a little better. It all depends on who says it - if a girl in school tells me I have ugly hair, I don't pay attention, but if my mother tells me she doesn't love me - am I weak because I get hurt? Alot of people judge me because of what they have heard about me or my family. One of the men my grandmother married was jewish. I called him grandfather and loved him very much. Now suddenly half of the school thinks that I am jewish although I have absolutely no belief in any of the things jews believe in and no bloodbond with anyone jewish (even though it doesn't matter). It is not the religion in itself that bothers me, the thing that bothers me is that people look at me and think of me in a certain way because that's what they have heard. That is why it is good not to listen to things people say and create your own view instead. Being hurt by words - it can happen in my case. Words can kill, seriously. But I have grown stronger and do not pay attention anymore.

If words cannot hurt you - can they make you happy? If they can't hurt you - what is going to hurt you? Pain is a part of life. Happiness is a part of life. How do people express themselves? By talking, or writing. If I should not listen to peoples words or read peoples notes - how am I supposed to know what kind of a person this is? Alot of information lies in words - written or said. I will get hurt. We will all get hurt. Because it's part of life (but I have convinced myself I can destroy that part and ignore it but will it work?)

I mostly do not listen to what people say and think of me. Of course, if they think I am a nice person I get happy. If they want to hurt me with words they can go someplace else. I already know what it's like to be hurt and I will not allow it to happen again. At the end of the day their words have faded and they have most likely forgotten what they had said. And if they didn't forget it - it is because they feel bad and regret it.

Quote:
If you let the government influence you in any way unphysical, then you are unable to think for yourself and deserved it.
Yes. Yes. The government. I hate it. Today's youth is influenced by all this crap. Media and whatnot. Luckily I am one of the few(?) that can create my own point of view by looking at things the way they are, and not beliving in people's explenations of these things. I will believe it when I see it - and even then it can be fake. I will not let media affect me because it turns everything upside-down.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]