View Single Post
Old 23-11-2003, 07:42   #47
My Waking Hour

Opinion: I never put much thought on it, and it doesn't interest me that much to become actively involved. But I'll try to state my opinion in all honesty here.

I find comments like "I'd eat Yulia's breasts for breakfast" as disturbing as stating that "Yulia's breasts are like two small pancakes" ( this is where the reference to eating comes but I do not condone cannibalism of any kind ).
I also think that people with common interests would ally behind a common ground, it's only a "natural" aspect of our social being. Sometimes it is a just cause, other times it can be something as pointless and stupid, as racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-semetism, etc. Yet, I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that It goes both ways, there's also reverse racism, "heterophobia" etc.
A example: I read from time to time that certain people hate Tatu cause they're "lesbians" - this is the spontaneous, initial reaction Tatu can cause to some people. But if it was crystal-clear that Tatu were indeed gay, it wouldn't be long before the gay fan community could declare that " Tatu are gay, what are you doing in this site?" Heterosexual fans of Tatu are still the minority here.
Another example: A certain user should probably have been "penalised" recently according to the rules of the forum but didn't, thanks to her good terms/friendship with the owner of the site. Others should have been "penalised" too, I for one, if we were to follow the letter of the law blindly.
All in all, people have a liking/disliking for their fellow people and it's not only the actions that determine it but sometimes only a common characteristic/bond.

About racism, of any kind, as I said, I find it pointless and stupid. About homophobia, although I said that to me it seems like an anomaly, it exists in the natural course of things since time immemorial - and even in abundance - so there's nothing to be afraid of. It would also be pointless and stupid to me to judge a person from whether he/she is gay or not - all the same from whether one has pale or dark skin, whether one is Jew, a woman, a German, an American etc.
Although I do not condone reverse "homophobia" too, and I don't rate it as a "priviledge" to be gay either And I cannot pretend that I'm close to how gay people feel or think.

Nature works in mysterious ways, there's an abundance of species, types, idiosyncrasies etc. To assume that one type is "better" than another is inconclusive, as one type could be better in one thing and worse in another. Let the actions of the person determine her worth, not the colour of the skin, her gender or her sex preference.

And there goes my two cents.

Last edited by spyretto; 23-11-2003 at 08:07.