View Single Post
Old 23-11-2003, 03:58   #40

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally posted by haku
I may be finished as an intellectual, but i still have a brain. I'm quite old, and when i was younger i did give a lot of thoughts to the "facts" i've mentioned. I've reached my own convictions on what's right or wrong, i don't try to impose them on anyone, but i'm not used to remain silent either when i don't agree with someone else's.

Amazingly, i'm realizing that most people here think that i am the one being intolerant. So i'll say no more and reflect on that.
Certainly not me. I totally agree with your opinions on this, as usual. You're cool with me, one of my favorite members here.

Quote:
The skinheads who beat up a gay person to death have rights. The persons who blew up two synagogs in Istanbul have rights. Does that mean we have to let them express their "views"? Certainly not. - Haku
And the people that killed Matthew Shepherd in Wyoming just because he was gay ( ) have their rights. But we can't allow them to express their opinions by killing someone just because they don't agree with how this person lives their life. But we do have to let people like the Ku Klux Klan have their freedom of speech, no matter how much we disagree, as long as they are non-violent.

Quote:
Verbal abuse may not be as lethal as baseball bats or bombs, but it hurts, it hurts a lot, no matter how politely the abuse was put. - Haku
I've seen this quote before: "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will really hurt me"

I have to agree with sunwalk - I can't see anyone wasting time here that doesn't like Tatu. Of course there are different levels of "liking", but I can't believe that people i.e. Fidget dislike Tatu, as much as she seems to act like it.

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
For example, I was NOT amused by Yulia's breasts being called "pancake boobs". Excuse me? Missy, those are pancakes I'd eat any day. Rawr.

I'm not either. She shouldn't say something like that, completely knowing that many people would be offended.

sunnypoison and sunwalk (the two suns ) - Very good posts you made.

And about normalness, and what's natural, I have to repeat one of my favorite Tatu quotes: Everything's normal if it's love.