View Single Post
Old 22-11-2003, 14:50   #33
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Nat. I just can't ignore your posts. ^_^’ I disagree that it's OK to have thoughts that are against others even *in private*. Just b/c everyone does it, doesn’t mean it’s OK. Guilt is something that holds us back from hurting others, mentally and physically. What kind of a person are you if you don't mind having bad thoughts? It's impossible to forbid anyone from their ways of thinking, but do we have to let it go on when little things like the homophobia in this little forum could be enlightened? IMO, every little thing leads to bigger things. What would happen if Martin Luther King Jr. thought, "Oh, everyone has their own rights to like/dislike black people. After all, not every white wants to kill us. Occasional disgusted looks wouldn’t hurt."??? He knew--we know. What should we do now with that little hate thought from the poor artist, Hitler? Let say Hitler never made it big. It’s just a thought, eh? Because nobody punches our faces b/c they don't like us for who we are, so everything is all right? Maybe because our lives are too blissful we forgot about others? People with anti-social disorder can NOT understand why it is WRONG to kill people. Their brains tell them so. So should we respect his/her thoughts when they haven't acted on it yet? Should we ignore their thoughts as their next victims probably wouldn't be your children, your loved ones, or you, yourself?

It's impossible to compare us with those 1,000 years ago. Many of them couldn’t read. They knew nothing about other things outside their communities. Subtract those 900 years, and we are left with just 1 century that the world really did CHANGE. We walked from the beginning of times. Only until recently, I could fly to France tomorrow to have this discussion with you face to face. (Wouldn’t that be nice?) Things changed fast only in the past century, we are SO DIFFERENT now. We could learn from the mistakes in the past from taking a few classes (must paid great attention though), and we’re supposed to make it better today. The next generation will learn from us. They'll be smarter than us. But it is *we* who can teach them to think, to be better than us. But nothing will be better if we *the present* does not take action.

But there are societies where Homosexuality is a crime, it is punished by death," in the name of God." These societies have their own rules ... so .
-->a/Are they WRONG? - ->- In this case, you discriminate a kind of society which has its basis built with Religious Rules.

God and religion are only their excuses for their hate. And I don’t think it’s a discrimination to disrespect their rules. Since when God said you should kill? It is the wicked humans, who have thoughts against others, made the rules up. Do you agree to ignore their thoughts? I don’t assume I know all the right/wrong actions. But as far as humanity concerns, I believe everyone understands it to some points. There’re just some that don’t want to.

Echoed
There’s nothing hypocrite about saying homophobic is bad, while limiting freedom of speech to some extent. What good can Hate possibly do for anyone? Would someone die if they shut their mouths, and in return, not hurting others? Not every rule can apply to every other rule. Humans are not equations. Our hearts don’t always multiply something the same way twice. Our actions can not be erased. Feelings can not be subtracted. Life can not be replaced. And I agree that nobody would like to be told to shut up. We enjoy our freedom, and yes, we just have to care more of our words.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!