View Single Post
Old 18-11-2003, 04:54   #26
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
PowerPuff Grrl, methinks that the white supremacist was... uh, Silenced Sonix. Everyone neverminded his opinions, as unfair as it was to nevermind ANYONE's opinion, but I guess that it is just that he was the only white supremacist around. He's been offline quite a long while, too. He comes and goes, just like Vicious. :P
Yeah, that was his name!
Thanks Darje.

If I remeber correctly though, people felt uneasy about his opinions, most ignored him (including myself) however there were a few that argued with him in a very impressive manner. In the end though he contributed to to many thoughtful posts that wasn't in any relation to his prejudices. As well, many members regarded him no less than any other member.

Silenced Sonix may have been the only white supremacist but Fidget is the only homophobe that we know of too (or at least I know of)... Are there others?
If there are, than is the policy concerning homophopes, racists, mysoginists, anti-semitics, etc to ban them as soon there is more than one of them? We should limit the number to one from each group?
If that is true (which I know isn't) it is kind of absurd, don't you think?

What I'm basically asking is: What is the difference between these two people?
The only thing I can come up with is that Silenced Sonix never really expressed his views out of the blue; he always said it within the context of a particular thread. Whereas with Fidget, I get the impression that she is just a sh!t disturber and she kinda enjoys it too. Which implies that her views shouldn't be taken so seriously since, y'know, it seems like she just trying to piss you guys off.

But you guys come off as being more pissed off that she's homophobic than the fact the she's a no good common troll. Based on your reasoning then, a racist can still be an active member but God forbid a homophobe should be too.
Puh-lease.
Figdet should be banned because she's a punk, not because of her views no matter narrow-minded and hateful they are. You all have the choice to ignore them as you most of you have with Silenced Sonix.

forre: Impressive analysis but unfortunatelly wrong vocabulary has been used to describe Fidget and Sonix - thus, a BIG warning for personal direct offense.

PS: This post isn't implying that the mods should ban Silenced Sonix. I'm just stating my opinion.

PPS: I just realized how bad it is that my post is right under Sunwalk's.
Sorry but I barely had any say in this, I felt I had to say something.

Last edited by forre; 18-11-2003 at 06:26.