View Single Post
Old 16-11-2003, 08:48   #7
Harrumph.

You know what? This is the first time I don't get a warning for anything! I'm finally starting to behave like I'm maturing. :P

Okay. What I see here is basically the case that homophobia is right when expressed in a polite manner? Well, I'd still be enraged and wanting to beat the homophobic up, but I wouldn't feel such a need of returning the verbal hit.

For example, I was NOT amused by Yulia's breasts being called "pancake boobs". Excuse me? Missy, those are pancakes I'd eat any day. Rawr. However, if she had exposed it a bit more... politely, like, "I do not like Yulia's breasts. There are better shapes somewhere else", I guess I wouldn't have snorted my milk outta my nose. (By the way, given the fact that she's so intolerant, why would she be staring at Yulia's breasts and *asignating* a breakfast course due to their shape? )

I, as many others, do not support the expression of homophobia in ANY fashion or manner or statement. However, I've become used to it because of the open nature of the forum. But THIS, this is an exageration. It is not that an user's ability to express herself should be terminated, but it pisses a lot of people off and I think we all know how pacific the forum was before.