View Single Post
Old 16-05-2011, 23:13   #105
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto View Post
... I heard from a friend who was in the rehearsals that their dress rehearsal was a disaster, probably they didn't realise how important that would be in the order of thing...
Well, proves that something is really wrong with the voting system. On the other hand, I didn't really see them in top condition at the public performance, neither their singing, nor their stage presence was as good as you would expect from a group with much routine. With many teams having their little problems here and there too, they could have been fifth or fifteenth without the jury votes.
Quote:
Pretty much what happened to Tatu, I guess.
If I remember, what happened to tatu was, that they couldn't sing at all. Only 2 points behind the winner with that performance, that was an ESC miracle!
Quote:
The most embarrassing thing was losing to Jedward, of course.
Being behind two jumping balls with cat grass hair-cut is embarrassing for any other participant too.
Quote:
Then again the hapless Azerbaijani winning performance...damn , that sucked
That was strange. With their performance I didn't expect them in the top 10 at all. There was nothing which could convince, not the song, not the singing, not their stage play. It was even for this weak competition below average. I wouldn't be surprised if there was big racket behind the curtains.
Quote:
Please punch me in the face if that song becomes a hit anywhere in Europe except for the former Soviet Asian republic of Azerbaijan.
Your address, please!