Thread: nATo
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2004, 19:26   #12
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
She sings in Arabic too. Shap even arranged her solo-gig which .... yep, you guessed right .... which was cancelled. The gig had a head-title Terror Act and the tickets were printed as plane tickets with the date 11/9. The arena authorities cancelled the gig because they thought it was untasteful and disgracing to put up with such a gig now, after several terror-acts in Moscow and in Beslan and especially, that it wasn't the way to remember 11/9.

Shap was interviewed about it too. His usual answers were circulating about the definitions. He said that it's all in people's head - the associations of the gig with terror. The girl is just singing the songs in her native language - as a sort of cultural exchange. After the interview, the reporter seriously doubted in the sanity of Mr. Shapovalov.

That's in brief.
I don't know what to think about this. I don't like it when show business mess around with politics - though Shapovalov is wily enough to present everything he does as meaningful -whereas in fact he might just be trying to make a quick buck out of the whole controversy.
A Tajik girl singing in her chador. I don't think it's a very tasteful endeavour given the "guilty past of its "visionary".

The song's not too bad for its kind