View Single Post
Old 19-07-2006, 00:06   #102
Just me...

Send a message via MSN to Kyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradeel
Have you learned any other languages before embarking on Japenese? I mean on school and such ... sometimes it's hard when it's the "first language" you start on, cause one simply doesn't understand the whole complexity of a language.
I've been learning French at school for 6 years now, as well as teaching myself some Russian, so I don't think that's much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradeel
Perhaps it wasn't the same as it was for you, but it could be that your brain simply wasn't used to the thought of accepting words to be put in a different place in a sentence? That should be pretty frustrating anyways... Hehe.
I think that's what it is. It's just so different to anything I'm used to. At least with European languages, and some others, they have many similarities. It seems to be so different, in fact, that my brain just won't accept it. It would probably help a lot if I had a teacher to help me force it into my head. It seems to me that one of the hardest parts of learning a language is starting. Once you have something in your head you can build on it. I think I just gave up on it too soon.