View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 01:00   #103
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
hmmm... stands at queenie's side

I am a fool when it comes to computers... I mean I can deal with some programmes like Photoshop... but when it comes to something more serious i do suck...

Anyway... i have my computer with Internet connection for 5-6 years... may be even more... i don't know what Firewalls are for... I don't have any antivirus software... and nothing ever happened. i can't remember getting any virus... even if i did, I don't know about it Being a true russian I follow this rule 'poka grom ne gryanet, muzhik ne perekrestitsa'. Which means I won't think about problem before I really get it.

So when my Windows died not so long ago, I was kinda surprised. When I shared my problem with some computer-knowing friends they were about to die from laughter. They just couldn't believe my Windows was never re-installed in 5 years! lol

Yeah... some things wouldn't work... but I'd just look here or there, push a pair of buttons and suddenly everything is ok... But the more I learn about computers, the less things work on it. I never toughed Windows for 5 years... now I reinstall it regulary... wich is quite painful with my 100% american computer that just refuses to work with russian pirated programmes *sigh*

Ok... as there are so many knowing ppl, I have a couple of questions:

First is about programmes working with music... I have Yamaha sound card and ordinary headset (with mic and headphones). Sound Forge, Cool Edit, Frooty Loops, Samplitude producer and other programes... they all work ok... while such programes as Cubase and Logic Platinum pretend they are mute and deaf. There's no sound... at all. They worked well at the beginning... but then something happened and they shut up... I remember quite well that I wasn't changing anything in Settings. Now even if I re-install them, they are mute.

2nd... well... it's an easy one... I'm about to get ADSL in a couple of days... and I never cared about traffic before... I was counting only minutes as I paid per hour. Just curious if anyone knows how many Kbs browsing tatysite takes... per hour... I know u can't give exact number... but still... and such programmes as ICQ... how much per hour?

3rd question is for our lil queenie, the queen of web-design lol U said u could help here so...
a) is there a way I can get a border consisting of 1px dots for example? I don't think I've seen this option is CSS. But may be I just didn't notice of course....
b) now IFRAMEs... and Opera browser... This option is for IE mostly... but I've seen pages with IFRAMES and they worked ok in my Opera... even older version than I have now. But when I write HTML code by hand... and try to see it in Opera, it shows some weird stuff like oe> or somethong like that instead of the whole page. So my questin is: WTF?
c) u should know the answer on this I think... I feel comfortable enough with tables and all... but layers are something I'm a fool at. The question: what I need filters for and how each of them works?

lol... ok... enough by now... I'm asking too much... I have some more questions but I'll shut up by now