View Single Post
Old 17-10-2003, 13:31   #100
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
vesica, the bravest one as she was the first to post her transcription Unpaired consonants DON'T change the previous consonant. Sry, I didn't mention this before going. But U kinda figured out urself with a little help of assistents. So, follow this rule attentively and correct ur transcription where needed But very good still. U learned the lessons damn well.

There's one thing about 'не' and 'ни'. It also has something to do with the word 'из'. Remember I told you about logic stress in the sentence? That means when U read each word separately, it's exactly how most of all wrote it. But the speach is not just a number of separate words. It consists of sentences. And when U read the whole sentence fast enough, words often flow together. That's why short service words often sound as they don't have stress at all. And that's why the word 'из' ('from', 'of') shouldn't be read just like a separate word and next word 'нас' influents it. Try to guess in wich way I'll tell U a bit later if no one will guess.

'и' never becomes 'ы'. why should it? this pair is different from other 4. These are 2 different sounds. But I placed them 2gether as 1. there were no other vocals left 2. the sound a bit similar 3. one makes consonant soft and second doesn't.

And yes, even if U change 'е' to 'и', the previous consonant is still soft (both these letters make it soft, remember? even if u change 'e' to just 'э' the consonant stays soft as 'e' was written)