Thread: Horror Movies
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 23:02   #51
Chun ruk ter!

Ahh, I just finished re-watching the Korean film "A Tale of Two Sisters" with english subtitles on Youtube, and I loved it. The twist pretty much makes the entire film. I didn't find it scary, just emotionally captivating. The movie seems slow to pick up at first but in the end it all makes sense. It's one of those psychological movies where you really have to watch and think about, because every scene has a significance. No pointless dialogue, no filler scenes... I'd say it's one of the few drama-horror movies that could be considered beautiful, especially with it's cinematography, the vivid sets with a creepy feel to it and the stand-out music, all supporting the tragic storyline.

I'm not sure how the Hollywood remake "The Uninvited" is going to compare, but it already looks like they've changed a lot. It seems too much like those teen horror flicks people watch to get "the lolz" out of, and it probably won't have that emotional appeal. Just cheap-boo's and annoying ghost kids. At least Emily Browning is in it, which is one of the saving points to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 06-01-2009 at 23:15.