View Single Post
Old 26-02-2004, 04:39   #1
Участник

Article: t.A.T.u. without Taboo

This article was posted on Tatu.us. The translation is by elf. He "prettied up" the article, as he always does. But I can't be bothered to edit it. I've got Uni to worry about. So, here it is.

Click here for Cover
Click here for Text and Pictures

t.A.T.u. without Taboo

[Yulia Saying] We'll show you love!

STS is starting a new reality show "Tatu in Podnebesnaya" in the middle of January. Yulia and Lena will be recording the second album live. MOLOT (HAMMER) has visited Tatu girls in their future apartment and asked them your questions.

Yulia and Lena: Sex on live TV.

Q. What's easier: to make love in public or to make art in public? (Hungry, Cherepovec)
Yulia: It depends. For us, everything is easy. We don't have any inhibitions about anything.
Lena: When we were offered to take part in the reality show, we agreed right away. Cameras don't bother us. We'll be doing everything that we do in day-to-day life.

Q. I heard that the script for "Podnebesnaya" was written by the person who writes scripts for TV show "Windows". Is it true? (Fonny, Moscow)
Yulia: Nonsense. There is no script, just like there are no taboos of rules that we have to follow. If we want to, we can invite our friends and have a party with all its consequences. By the way, we have already invited a lot of people: musicians, politicians and just drunkards. (Laughing). If we want to, we won't do anything at all. The only condition is that we should finish the new album by mid March.

Q. Do you have any life principles? (Tatoomaker, Yelec)
Yulia: No, we live without principles. We just enjoy our lives, that's it.
Lena: Maybe only one. It's called "show me love".

Q. You have traveled through half of the world. Which place did you like the most? (Nicolas III, St. Petersburg)
Lena: Russia. In the west, people are very inhibited. It's hard to "unwind" them.
Yulia: There, people come to concerts to estimate the quality of the show, lighting, scene, etc. The people just stand there and stare at us without any emotions. But in Russia people come to concerts to hang out / "fly away" (slang - elf)

Q. In what ways have your lives changed since you became celebrities? (Superstar, Moscow)
Lena: Honestly? It didn't. We stayed the way we were and that is the most important thing.
Yulia: I have become slightly presumptuous. Sometimes I don't even notice Lenka. (Talking to Lena) Hey, who are you? (Both laughing).

Q. Do you act the same way in life as you do on TV? (Palmochka, Voronezh)
Yulia: Yes. We are always the same: at home, on the stage, and when we are together. I often read in newpapers that Vanya (Ivan Shapovalov, t.A.T.u.'s producer) makes us kiss on the stage, sing about lesbian love, and then we cry quietly in the dressing room, cursing our fate. It's bull sh*t. We are the way you see us.

Q Could you argue with Shapovalov or are you totally dependent on his opinion? (Producer, Moscow)
Lena: Yes we could. But what's gonna happen next... (Laughing)
Yulia: Yea, it's better not to argue with him. He is very big. But, seriously, he listens to us and loves us very much. We won't sing what we don't like. We have the same right to voice our opinions as all the other authors, sound editors and friends. We always make team decisions. However, Vanya has the last word.

Q. In my school two 10 year old girls, your fans, kiss each other during the breaks. Are you ashamed of the fact that you pervert underage children with your music and your behavior?
Lena: Oy, it's a pity I didn't see it... (Laughing) You know, everyone has their own head [to make decisions]. We are not invading other people's lives. We just sing songs about love. Everything else doesn't....
Yulia: They wanted to - they did it. Good girls! I think that you should do what you want in life, not what you are being told. Besides, we really don't force anyone to make love. It's about freedom of choice.

Tatu girls say that four songs have already been done for their album. The recording of the rest of the songs will be shown live on the show. Furthermore, anyone can become the author of the new songs. For this you should send your lyrics to 123001, Moscow, "Podnebesnaya". Yulia and Lena diligently read all the letters (Molotok can confirm it).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My opinion -->

Last edited by Kate; 26-02-2004 at 04:44.