View Single Post
Old 20-11-2003, 15:10   #31
pie crust

I think we are all blaming it way too much on the mods. I agree that they should have maybe closed the thread, it wouldn't be so hard. But then I am sure that some people would complain, because they "can't speak their mind". The mods shouldn't be the ones always fixing things, we should keep calm and think before we act. I believe discussions are really good, if it's done in a nice matter. Accepting eachother's opinions. But what happened there I thought was way too wrong. I seriously clicked "Refresh" every two seconds and there was always a new post in that thread. Oh well, I did not feel offended personally so.. I cannot really relate to how others felt. I think rape is kind of inappropiate to joke about though, because maybe somebody here has been sexually assaulted (which I think is absolutely awful and I think the person is strong for moving on and feeling happy now). But then again, I am not trying to bash you Rachel because I am sure I could have written a comment like that too, sometimes I just don't think of what I am doing and how it can affect others.

I hope we will discuss and still be friends. I do believe Fidget's comments were very very bad. I am not bisexual or homosexual but if I was I think I would have been very offended. Nobody has right to say lesbians are sick and disgusting (Now I'm not saying she said this but it was something in the same pattern). Maybe that is her opinion, but then she should build her sentences in other ways. "I respect lesbians, but I do not think that lesbianism is natural". Of course we would have stormed in rage when we heard that too, but at least it is more mature.

People will not respect you if you do not respect them.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]