View Single Post
Old 18-05-2006, 10:35   #11
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
You have to remember people age slower then they did 50 or even 30 years ago. I remember those old women with scarf on their heads and an arched back back in the early 80s. They were early 50 or so. It's not uncommon these days for people to still look like they're in their mid 40s when they're actually 50 or even 60 and beyond. Nor is it uncommon for people to maintain vitality after the age of 75 which was an unofficial benchmark in the past where age would REALLY start affecting a person's health. Of course this isn't the case with all individuals but it seems to be a general rule that people age slower than they did in the past. I guess it has to do a lot with improved standards of life since evolution doesn't affect people in such short time scales. Slower aging is even more pronounced if you compare modern people with lets say Ancient Romans which were reported to look like old men once they hit 50 (and seldom did since an average life expectancy was 29 due to the brutal way of life back then).

In any case... this mother has a fair chance of getting to see her child grow up, however I'd say it is a tad risky due to a strong possibility of birth defects (a chance of that rises significantly after 35).
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.