View Single Post
Old 26-02-2007, 15:19   #44
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
[b]And another thing, since when is Britney jewish? I know she was into that Kabbalah thing a while ago, but stopped once her "children became her religion"
She's not Jewish. The only way you can be a Jew is if you are born one or take the time to convert under an Orthodox rabbi, a process that takes several years (p.s. if you are a man and have not had a circumcision, you must have one to convert). Most Jews consider the Kabbalah to be BS anyway, it's nothing but ancient Hebrew mysticism. The only Hollywood star that could possibly be considered Jewish now is Madonna since she's been studying the Kabbalahn and Torah for almost ten years, everyone else is just following her trend. (because a red braclet automatically makes you a jew )

I don't mean to make Judaism sound exclusive, but it kind of is. There is more to being a Jew than studying the holy books. It's a culture, an ethnicity and a society with it's own 5,000+ year long history. You can't just wake up one day and decide that you are going to change who your parents and grandparents, ect. are, life doesn't work that way. I am Jewish because my Father is Jewish, my Grandparents are Jewish and actually that entire branch of my family is Jewish. If I really wanted to, I could hop on the next flight out to Tel Aviv from Boston and claim citizenship and be granted it when I got off the plane. Britney Spears could not do that because she isn't Jewish.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes