View Single Post
Old 17-02-2004, 14:24   #104
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally posted by haku
Exactly! Some people are now regreting to have come out because of Tatu, they are considering going back in the closet (and it's possible when you are young, you can always say "It was just a phase", people around them will be delighted to believe that). It's not good!

Yes, Tatu made a difference, but for only a few months, it could have been so much longer. I'm not saying they should have continued to pretend of course, making a difference on the long run would have required that the girls were really gay in the first place. The project was doomed to fail from the beginning because of that fakeness, of course it never mattered to Ivan because making a difference was never a goal of the project.

And i already said it, but for young fans, seeing Y&L transforming from two teenage gay girls to two adult straight women is so damaging! It's like a living cliche! The image they give now is "It's ok for girls to experiment with other girls when they are teenagers, but once adult women they have to switch to men."
Unfortunately, you're totally right.
This is really sad.
I can understand why Rachel (Real_Lesbian) got so upset. She came out to her parents because of t.A.T.u. - and then she sees they were faking