Thread: Mylène Farmer
View Single Post
Old 30-03-2005, 07:04   #28
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
I saw a question of Nath's to help with the meaning and answered it. I said why there's a key and what purpose all the additional info has. I don't know why her fans think of her as a sort of myth. If you are searching for another weird artist with more international success, then Bjork is a good example. Farmer is good, her songs are fine.
I'm sort of a fan of her work - not really a fan of her person - but when I was referring to creating a myth I meant it this way: she's avoiding the public eye as much as possible. We always see the artist (actor) Farmer and not the real person. Doesn't give interviews. So the less you see of her the more of a myth is created around her name.
So I said she's trying to preserve the myth and mystery she constructed around her name, if that makes any sense.

As for Madonna and Bjork..well, no, I don't think so. Not my cup of tea at all. Bjork is plain weird, and not evolving much as an artist. As for Madonna..well, I'd rather not say. But I understand where they're coming from.