View Single Post
Old 06-08-2003, 11:57   #24
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally posted by Mossopp
And as for everyone bashing David Lynch movies: just cos you don't understand them doesn't make 'em bad. Even if you can't follow the story you can still admire the imagery.
And I did actually understand 'Mulholland Drive' so it's not completely nonsensical. In fact, I thought it was a fantastic film!
I think "Mulholland Drive" was probably Lynch's best film although I'll be honest and say that I didn't understand it much at the end "The Elephant Man" and "Dune" I like too so maybe I'm more spiteful towards "masterpieces" like "Blue Velvet" and "Wild At Heart" ( yeah, especially that ) It'd be off topic to explain M.D.?
The problem with Dave is that he started by adapting weird stories ( like E.M. ) but then he became plain weird
oh, I remember a French film where we left the cinema in the first hour , so it was only one hour I will not get back. It was called something like "A Sunday in the country"? yeps.
And it had won some award in Cannes, to think about it
People in Greece bash Theo Angelopoulos' films for being slow and boring but I like them, especially "Ulysees Gaze".

But I think some American blockbusters can be particularly crappy

Last edited by spyretto; 06-08-2003 at 12:04.