View Single Post
Old 17-05-2004, 03:07   #13
Участник

"The Da Vinci Code" is going to be on the Big Screen!! Casting rumors begin!!

The CinemaEye has posted an interesting casting rumor concerning the cinema adaption of the best selling "Quest for the Holy Grail" novel The DaVinci Code, by Dan Brown.

Howard is in talks with Russell Crowe who headlined the Oscar-winning A Beautiful Mind. Howard is currently in pre-production on his second film with Crowe, Cinderella Man. Cinderella Man starts shooting in March 2004, so Davinci Code would follow immediately after. Kate Beckinsale is in the lead to play Sofia, the dark-haired female protagonist and love-interest for Crowe.

Ron Howard is directing, Brian Grazer is producing, while Akiva Goldsman is working on the script.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can definitely see Beckinsale in the Sophie role, but Crowe in the lead role of Robert Langdon has me worried. I imagined someone younger, and less macho. Someone akin to what Harrison Ford was in the first two Indiana Jones films, a suave yet goofy professor who finds himself having grand adventures by necessity. (Hugh Jackman, maybe?) I can't see Crowe filling those boots.

If this rumor does prove true then Crowe will bring some major exposure to the film, so in that case it is good news.