View Single Post
Old 28-08-2003, 23:42   #9
Just say maybe

One group. Juniper Moon.

I'll say that assertively, as if there aren't a hundred other bands I want people to listen to.

Anyway, they're a five piece from Ponferrada in North-West Spain. Their debut single, '"їVolverбs?' was played on Steve Lamacq's Evening Session, back in 1999. I was on the verge of turning the radio off, but ended up turning it up as far as it would go. The very fact that a Spanish language song made it onto national radio in this country is probably something of an achievement.

It took me eight months to pick up a copy. And another five months to be able to play it, since at the time I didn't have a turntable. Thankfully, it was every bit as good as I remembered it being.

They play silly slow-motion punk rock songs about love and sex. But to me they do it better than pretty much anybody else, bar maybe Superchunk. Is that sneaking in another recommendation? Sorry. And they're no older than I am. Plus they've two female vocalists who do a nice line in two-part harmonies.

There's a song to be downloaded here, if you so wish. This is the title track from their one and only LP so far.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.