View Single Post
Old 22-02-2004, 09:15   #60
Участник

Thank you for your report, sunny poison!

[I REALLY wanna see these episodes myself, I DO hope someone will be able to upload them soon.]

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
It began with repeating on what happened last weekend. LoL. It was funny how some guy said: 'I warned you girls were upset. U should buy them some nice cars' LoL
They do seem very upset indeed. I wonder what really made them take those legal steps against Ivan in the end. It sounds more and more not just like creative/professional differences, but something on a more personal level as well. They seem hurt and angry, or else there wouldn't be such an impasse.

Quote:
It's not clear what Ivan plans to do. He changes his mind constantly. First he says he's going to leave the songs recordered by Y&L as they are and some Natasha will sing the rest. Then when he talks to BBC reporter, he says he will record the songs himself to show them to Y&L like he always does. he even sang it live. God... that was a awful as usual... V kosmose skvoznyaki... lol. When he was asked what he would do if girls refuse to sing, he said he could record those songs himself and that even that reporter could sing them... doesn't matter who wll if girls refuse. Someone can always do it. He also said the songs were ready... just girls refuse to record them.
Well, it's great the songs are ready, but he does not seem to get the seriousness of the situation, if he expects the girls to just waltz back into the studio and start recording songs like nothing ever happened. Does he not reflect on the situation? Does he just repress the reality of it all?

Him saying he could record the songs himself is hilarious. He sounds a bit like a petulant child here, pouting and coming up with weird "solutions" to the impasse. The idea that he can just replace Yulia and Lena with two other girls shows to me that he is a bit desperate - I mean, he waited long enough with the actual producing/recording of the album, so what's the hurry now? Is it possible that he is under a lot of pressure from Neformat/Universal and does not want to leave the impression that he is at the mercy of Yulia and Lena?

Quote:
So someone had to go. Yulia said she wasn't going to spend 20 hours in the plane just to spend few hours there and then go back. Later lena was shown preparing to leave... and Yulia was lying in her bed saying she felt pity for poor kid Lena who had to go. That Lena is always like that... that she won't argue or something. And that Yulia thought it was useless to go there in such mood. She said she was sure Lena will be crying in the plane... or may be she even cried at the moment.
Oh, does that mean the dni.ru story about them not getting visas was wrong after all?

I would like to see this scene, before I really comment on it. A lot depends on how Yulia said this. Was she sympathetic? Her saying that she felt pity because Lena had to go, seems to imply this. She knows that Lena is sad because she can't spend the holiday with her loved ones, even talks about her crying on the plane. Just reading these words, I get a feeling Yulia might feel some pangs of conscience there for not accompanying Lena, but as I said - I'd have to see it to further comment on this.

Let me just add that I can understand both of their decisions - Yulia's decision not to go - Lena's decision to go (though she probably needed to be emphatically persuaded by those in charge.)

Here's my opinion on the MTV Asia thingie: As much as it's awesome for fans to see them in person at such events like the MTV Asia Awards, shouldn't fans also support and respect their decision not to go in a situation like this? Yulia and Lena are in a tricky, difficult situation right now. The project tATu is NOT going smoothly. It's NOT business as usual. Both of the girls deal with the enormous pressure (and their own frustration) according to their temperaments - Yulia is defiant and forceful, Lena is accommodating and kind. I respect and I can understand both their decisions, and I personally don't blame Yulia for not going to Singapore in this present situation.

Quote:
And that first both girls said they were not going... then Yulia's mom called and said they were going... then after the car was sent to them she called again and said it was a final decision that they are not going.
The respective parents don't seem to make it really easier for the girls.

Quote:
At Mansky's remark that Yulia must be worried now, she said "Volkova is never worried. She's always calm as a boa'.
I love that quote. Yulia is so cool, so in control, and I have the feeling Lena envies that a bit. Reminds me of what she said in Japan last year about Yulia being circumspect and decisive. It's almost like she's saying: And that's why SHE is in Moscow, and I have to sit in this hotel room all by my lonesome self.

Quote:
Yulia's dad was wondering what Ivan could offer to get girls back, but Yulia said no matter what excuses and promises he makes, Lena and her don't want to work with him anymore.
I wish we would learn more about what is really going on inside the girls' minds and how they really assess the situation. Ivan saying the album is ready to be recorded and that it all depends on Lena and Yulia, is only one side of the coin. "Too little, too late, Ivan" - always comes to mind. This won't go away by ignoring it. I'd really like Manski to try and get to the bottom of this from the girls' point of view. Does anybody here really know what made Yulia and Lena take that step, what really led to this impasse?

Quote:
Belochka was played. it was recordered by lena. Not even half as bad as it could be. Everyone said it was going to be a hit and that they had the 1st song for the new album.
That song is simply beautiful. Lena's voice goes straight to the heart, there is so much emotion. Much like my first reaction to Nichya.

Quote:
Ivan said they had 8 already.
8 recorded songs already? Wouldn't that mean most of the album IS in fact recorded? When exactly did that happen, I wonder? Another contradiction, more Ivan-babble, or the truth?

So, where does that leave us? Actually, not really any wiser regarding tATu's future than before. The information we get is confusing, sometimes contradictory. I wish Manski would just hand a camera to Yulia and Lena and let them tell THEIR story. Why doesn't he? I have a feeling things would possibly make a lot more sense if we saw Lena's and Yulia's unedited point of view instead of getting so much from Ivan's side.

We'll see.

xena225