View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 18:50   #263
Son. Husband. Witch!

August Update - "Dark City" CD album and other news...

Just to let you know, the forthcoming CD version of the "Dark City" record is going to contain 2 bonus tracks. The Digital Version still has the Universal Sickness remix of "Sirius" so i thought it would be nice to add a couple of bonus tracks on the CD.

The tracks are, therefore, titled:

* Outro - Sleep Now
* The Void

So, i'm sure you're getting kind of annoyed at the constant delay of the CD album. Well, there are a variety of reasons which have all led to the delay. Personal health issues, company recession/cost issues, no computer access other than at the local library etc etc.
I'm hoping the CD's will go into print mid-late August. Just a few tweaks are needed but all in all everything is complete.

I want to thank those of you have purchased the Digital version of "Dark City." I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your thoughts and opinions. I'm happy that the response has been firmly positive.
When i went into making this album many people tried to tell me that instrumental albums have no chance of success as no one can relate to the tracks without vocals/lyrics. The tracks speak for themselves. The titles of the tracks aid the imagination of the listener and, hopefully, the "Dark City" concept comes through loud and clear.

It's been an interesting musical adventure but also a very stressful and time consuming project. I have decided to take a wee break from recording any more material. This is due to my current health issues and i really need to focus on getting myself back to full health in order to record another album.

I will tell you, though, that i have been messing with the acoustic guitar once again and the idea of creating an electronic/acoustic album really appeals. Knowing me, however, this is subject to change as my musical tastes evolve.

I really hope you guys will support the CD release of "Dark City" as it is really important to me. I want you to enjoy the full completed package it in its entirety.

Another update coming soon.

Ash
x