View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 18:05   #62
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valito View Post
what do you think of those people who lately have been sleeping in tents alongside the Avenue des Champs Elysées? I've heard about the problem, but lost track and now I don't know if it was worked out or what. Can it be they were called Les Enfants de Don Quichotte?
Yeah, it's Les Enfants de Don Quichotte, it's an association that defends homeless people, they've put red tents for homeless people in Paris and many other cities as a form of protest.
I think it's a good idea (most French people support the protest), it highlights an outrageous problem, nobody should be homeless in a country like France, and since we are in a presidential campaign, it's the right time to make that kind of protest to get the attention of politicians and especially presidential candidates.
Things are already moving on the political side because of the public pressure, in the end we should obtain a right to free housing for the poorest people who otherwise would end up in the street, just like the right to free medical care that already exists.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]