View Single Post
Old 15-05-2011, 23:35   #94
My Waking Hour

Trust me, they take it seriously in the UK, otherwise 6 million people wouldn't tune in for the final while their entries are getting thrashed year after year, otherwise the BBC wouldn't show both semis live and then a rerun in the early morning - I mean seriously, what do they care, if they don't take it seriously.

And did you see the reaction of the German audience last night? I haven't seen such positive reaction to EVERY participant before. It's a big party, and they loved it.

I think the rigged voting IS a bit of a issue fanoff, it's not such a big deal but lets just say that a country from the West goes into the show with a bit of a disadvantage. Having said that, a song destined to appeal to a large democratic with a good performer can certainly win.
The UK situation is pretty much that they are left a little behind the times- it's not so much a patriotic issue for them. The English are the rulers on this island they are in a position to dictate things, if we allowed Wales and Scotland to participate as individual countries you'd probably see a more patriotic approach to the whole thing and possibly some better acts.