View Single Post
Old 26-07-2009, 00:13   #155
Son. Husband. Witch!

Major celebrations are going to be taking place this coming week!
I'm over the fucking moon that you like it. After the last CD i felt terrible. I had said to Adam that i never wanted to make electronic music ever again. So i got the guitar out and all the tracks on this album bar from In Flux were all made skeletally on the guitar and then transposed into the tracks that they now are. I found that to work amazingly well. I'm also chuffed that i managed to get some hooks in there too!
The only criticism i have had about the album was from Adam who thinks it's too dark. Yet strangely i played it to my mom today and she loved it. She was even dancing to Operate, Dark City and Fractured! I nearly died of shock!
As i've said before (and i've had to explain this to many people a lot over the past 5 years) i've always been drawn to dark melodies. I love spookiness. I love dark ambience. Whereas, i admit, i have deliberately set out to make the songs as dark as possible in the past with "Dark City" i can honestly say i never. It is defo the most channelled experience i have had since i wrote "Book of Shadows" and "The Nocturnicon."
Even the lyrics have flowed freely this past week or so. I'm still struggling to find lyrics to "In The Future" and i need to write some lyrics to "In Dreams" still.
Is there any standouts would you say Dradeel?
My god... words cannot describe how stoked i feel right now

Last edited by AshMcAuliffe; 26-07-2009 at 01:24.