View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 02:39   #28
blah

echo: i know you both are canadian, i can read lol. but since you began talking about america like talking about your own country (e.g. "we LIVE here") instead of beginning with "we are canadian", then you identify yourselves with american culture too. heh, don't we all? i have many, oh too many relatives/aquaintances that live across the ocean (both IN america and canada) and i have some knowledge. they're all basically saying: "we don't want to come back there - it's not the same as in romania (people are different, in a superficial way - life is very stereotypical), but at least we don't have to worry about tomorrow".

i don't blame the americans, i don't blame anyone. after all, america isn't anything else but a mixture of cultures that after struggles and compromises from all the parts, they came to an agreement: a whole new superficial culture that would contain all the original cultures yet none of them. and so, it turns out that america is some sort of a 'Frankenstein's beast' that Europe created. and now 'the beast' is coming for its creator. and the thing is, the creator follows 'the beast' now. but this 'beast' is dressed up in shiny outfits and it has an overwhelming power and appealing beauty when looked from the outside. but if you take a look on the inside, you'll see it's just that: a beast.

sorry for getting too metaphorical there, but as i said, i am tired. talk to me tomorrow and maybe i'll tell you the sky is GREEN here in Romania. too many sleepless nights. too many tATu songs. too many of too much lol. NOT meaning to sound offensive or cause a war. just call me an idiot and let's get it over with.