View Single Post
Old 21-12-2006, 17:00   #940
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dark
I was just commenting on Bush's political arguments for Congress and several people here started yaking about how we don't understand their culture etc etc.. You don't need to know one's culture to know how the behaviour of a herd works. We saw it very well in the last U.S. elections. They're not different than anybody else.
I'd like to point out that since you are soooo convinced Bush won because people here are in favor of the Iraq war, that is not the reason he won. Bush won the 2004 election because my (until recently) state of Massachusetts legalized gay marriage in 2004 and sent the entire right wing fundamentalist christians into panic mode and Bush used their fear of the "Gay Agenda" to turn an election that should have been about his atrocious handling of Iraq, Afganistan, the national economy, ect... into an election based solely on Christian morals. If you don't believe me go check some US sources about the 2004 election.

So actually Dr. Dark you do not understand US politics very well at all. 2004 saw the beginning of the voters, who until then stayed out of government, start to show an interest and vote only on moral issues not things that actually matter. That is the reason Bush won, his opposition to gay marriage, not Iraq. The most recent election was not about moral issues (thanks to several republican scandels), but about Iraq and you'll notice that the republicans LOST... Bush has been changing his tune ever since because the Democrats are planning to start pulling out US troops at the latest by January 2008. And also because they have more than enough evidence to Impeach him... which I expect them to do shortly after February.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes