View Single Post
Old 19-12-2006, 21:25   #937
My Waking Hour

Quote:
I'm not claiming America is perfect. I'm just annoyed when people see it as the one source of all evil on this world while all others are just standing by in a rightous pose waiting to save the world of injustice. THAT is bullshit.Think about it.
Yeah but nobody does say that ( except perhaps some mad muslim fundamentalists ) In turn Americans still see themselves as the one source of virtue in this world while all others should stand in a righteous pose waiting to be saved by them.
Think of it that way, freddie.

And tell me, judging by G.W Bush leadership how this cannot be so. That mentality is reverberating everywhere there are Americans.
And surely they're not the only superpower. Europe and China are potential superpowers in their own right. If you want somebody to challenge them all the time and be in the brink of war with them - like the Soviets did - then yeah, you might not find that kind of superpower. But the Chinese government are not what I'd call friendly with them, and with regards to Europe, Britain their biggest ally has realised now that they have failed to influence the U.S in changing their policy in Iraq - Iraq is acknowledged now as the biggest mistake of Tony Blair's government ( read the bbc article, it's on bbc.co.uk ). Despite his big mistake Tony Blair was subsequently trying to influence Bush in many issues, Iraq, the environment and others. Tony Blair is a good politician but he couldn't influence Bush.
I'd say that USA are finding themselves more and more isolated in their superpowerful glory, while losing allies with their inconsiderate and selfish policies around the globe.

Last edited by spyretto; 19-12-2006 at 21:40.