Thread: Kino
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2006, 15:37   #12
Участник

I am glad if you liked this song, Nikki!
Note: Victor Tsoi's mum has not died. I frequently met her earlier. She worked as the teacher in my school.
The story of the cover from the site of group Brazzaville:

"We recorded a version of a song called Star Called Sun. It was written by Viktor Tsoi from the band Kino. I used his chords and melodies and wrote my own lyrics. Although his lyrics were beautiful, I felt that they would lose a lot in the translation when trying to fit them to the music so I wrote a song about my mother’s death while preserving the theme of stars and the the sun. The refrain of my version is “There’s one million stars, for every little grain of sand down there”. That was a concept that had been obsessing me ever since I heard about it on the BBC. I was happy that I was finally able to work it into a song.
We shot a video for Star Called Sun. It was shot by a French epicurian swinger by the name of Emanuelle Clemenceau AKA Manolete. He and his cameraman, Antoine, spent a few days with us here in Barcelona shooting. The bulk of the video will be footage of Mariona Aupi playing the role of my mother when she was young back in the early 70s. There is footage of her with a baby (meant to be me), sparklers etc. I have yet to see the video but I’m sure it will be beautiful if I know Manolete."