View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 14:40   #18
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebu
l
and ur sarmale, we have that thing also called sarma lol ppl on the coast use sometimes leaves from vineyard to do it. i thought that was our dish not so wide spread.
Same for us... and with the SAME name... so, same pic oh.. and same about what Sarmi (plural) are made from: cabage leaves or grape leaves... here in USA, everyone knows the grape leaves ones as dahlmas, and of course the origin is believed to be GREEK

Quote:
and that meat thing, its all over here, it came here from bosnia, called chevapchichi
once again ... SAME, except we call it Kebabcheta .. those are clearly a balkan thing, i would guess coming over from Turkey, because we have similar thing (made out of ground meat, onioin, spices, etc), but in the shape of something between meatball and hamburger patty and it's called Kiofte ... and here middle eastern places have the Kefta, Kofte and so on similar things ... and they are deliciousssssssssssss

Offtop:
cant believe i am here posting, when its 5:40am and my final presentation is at 2pm ... will ba back later to post some pics here.. great topic btw
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!