View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 21:46   #31
Участник

I sympathize with your aunt Bitty...

I don't know what you mean by world wide Greg... There was NY and terrorists from other countries? How does that make it more world wide? NY has people from around the world, just as New Orleans does.

My college Tulane University in N.O. is ranked in the top 50 colleges in the WORLD...There are many international students who are now or were stranded in random US cities until the storm passed. They had homes around campus during school, those homes are now destroyed. New Orleans is known for being a VERY international place.

When the tsunami hit in the east, students at Tulane lost family in the area, my school responded by sending teams of people to help out in this disaster. We were very informed of that disasters extent simply from people at the school who CAME to study in New Orleans from those devestated areas...

These SAME students are now displaced throughout the US and are the ones in need now.They chose to live in New Orleans out of all the cities in the world for a reason. But now the rest of the world is not there?? It's ridiculous.. people's reactions are rooted in darkness.

You can be certain that no one anywhere, rich or poor, is safe from disaster and that the people here in the states DO take note of the world's reaction. America is loaded with money, and N.O. will be rebuilt quicker than anyone can imagine. Maybe this time, without so much of the darkness and crime that infected it before.

P.S. Lets not be Lyudi Invalidy.. I have a few friends from Russia who are now in Houston deciding whether they should go back home or try to find another college in the US.. Another friend of mine who has family in area that was hit by the tsunami in those dark times is now taking a fall semester at a college in NY...

Last edited by csargen; 03-09-2005 at 22:03.