Thread: Metal & Salad
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2005, 04:29   #72

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by staringelf
I just get this picture of pale long-haired freaks dressed in black eating salad compulsively
Stereotypes, stereotypes.

I've never seen so much off topic talk! But that's okay, its funny.
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
What exactly IS heavy metal? 'Cause I can't tell the difference of all those genres.
Very good question. It's not easy to pin down. I could give you a list, but I'm sure there would be someone out there who would critique it....very funny freddie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Well, that's the thing. Heavy metal as a musical form doesn't really exist. It exists in all other shapes of forms that freddie very well documented. Instead we have:

heavy rock, hard rock, hardcore, nu metal, power metal, death metal, death pop, pop metal, rapcore, rap metal, grindcore, garage metal, funk metal, industrail metal, goth metal, black metal, progressive metal, alternative metal, brutal death metal, christian metal, circus metal, doom metal, thrash metal, metalcore, new wave of British heavy metal, grundge metal, epic metal, opera metal.
What's amazing is that with the exceptions of Circus Metal, Death Pop, and Rapcore, I can say that I've seen all of those used at least once. There's a whole lot of em. And you forgot symphonic metal, which is usually used to describe the heavier songs from the people I have in my sig. And other times I've seen Progressive- and Power-. You see how much variety there is in descriptions? A whole lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
yeah BK have more tasty junkfood.

in the UK, there's also Wimpys which is the worst of the lot...
OMG. Metal, Salad, and Burgers!