View Single Post
Old 16-11-2004, 00:12   #83
malinky's

Mossopp, as far as people only thinking Charlize Theron (who Bitty mentioned because someone else had brought her up and was responding that it was her opinion if Charlize were anything other than heterosexual then possibly bisexual. I can say with certainty that Bitty did not say any of this because of "Monster" or any other role Charlize has taken on) , Naomi Watts, or anyone else is gay/bisexual simply because of a role played, of course that can and does happen. Members on this thread have even said as much but does this mean that is always the sole reason or even the inital reason for any single person's speculation? No. I am sure there are people in this world who questioned some of these actors before they ever chose a certain role or saw them in that role.

Case in point, as coolasfcuk has pointed out, no one said that they thought Naomi Watts was gay because of "Mullholland Drive." I am the one who brought her name up and when I did, I stated it was not because of "Mullholland Drive." In fact, the reason I even added that was so that people would not assume I thought it simply because she played a lesbian in it. Actually, I had not even seen "Mullholland Drive" when I first began to question her sexuality. My knowledge of her was mainly from the buzz about a possible Oscar nomination for that movie (which she did not get) and I did not know anything more about the movie other than it was typical, mind-tangling David Lynch fare. There were interviews with both her and Nicole that planted that inkling there...and then came "The Ring" premiere. If you read Bitty's post after my initial one, she and I have a whole "theory" about both Naomi and Nicole. And as far as her not being gay...who's to say. I don't think either one of us can truly know one way or the other. Anyway, I am not assuming she is. I am simply speculating, as this thread was intended for that purpose.

Oh, and coolasfcuk, thank you for the pictures. I'd told Britty about "The Ring" premiere, but seeing is "gay-believing!" JK You're right, I do believe the three of us could come up with some interesting conspiracy theories. lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Caterpillars turn into rare butterflies..."
~Chantal Kreviazuk~