Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   The Island of Arts (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   My Music (Strikes Again) (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=11936)

AshMcAuliffe 14-03-2009 11:28

OMG! You have wine! Even if it is cheap it's wine! If you ever come to England stay away from Lambrini. That is the worst cheap wine in the world EVER!
I was drinking La Jamelles wine last night... strong but nice :)
I await your response with anticipation. :)

dradeel 15-03-2009 20:05

Wine is le awesome :D

And I've listened to the stuff several times now... Seems to me you've thought this through pretty well. It's surpringly not very strange to hear chill pop songs and ambient electronic works mixed together like this :)

But the first thing I noticed, and which kinda bothered me, was that Deep Red was hard to fit in anywhere. It sounded so strange between The Beginning and Neptune's Lament like that. Hehe. I'm not sure how important it is. The rest works pretty well, and I love Deep Red, but it was out of place, sorta. It's the first songs, so it probably was just that ... but I loved Acolyte though.. hadn't heard that one before, and it was the perfect intro for any cd. I'd love to hear that as an intro to an industrial metal album for instance.

Anyways, the songs you've chosen are indeed all good, and I see all the ones I liked already on there, so I've had a good time listening to it.

AshMcAuliffe 18-03-2009 16:58

I'm glad the pop songs fit in well with the electro songs. That was my main concern but i think i got the balance ok.
Deep Red was a very strange song to fit in. I decided on putting it at the beginning for the main reason of it being an important song and wanting people to hear it... if that makes sense?
Did you hear the hidden song on the end? That song is soooooooooooo pop. It even shocked me! :)
Totally glad you liked it! *does a wee jig*

AshMcAuliffe 27-03-2009 01:13

i'm doing a show in my moms basement soon. i'm going to be overspending on dancers and props etc.

Endri 27-03-2009 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382195)
i'm doing a show in my moms basement soon. i'm going to be overspending on dancers and props etc.

good luck :)

AshMcAuliffe 27-03-2009 01:20

;)
anything to get famous... lmfao

Endri 27-03-2009 01:23

Don't forget to make your best to hide your face. Only eyes. :lol:

AshMcAuliffe 27-03-2009 01:25

i think i might take up stripping as well... might enhance my repetoire!

AshMcAuliffe 02-04-2009 18:45

http://www.myspace.com/ashmcauliffemusic

I just posted a new song called "Cascara."
What do you think?
I really like the dark, quiet bit in the middle and at the end! :)

dradeel 03-04-2009 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382571)
I just posted a new song called "Cascara."
What do you think?

I like it a lot. It would sound wicked nice with some harsh vocals! ;)

AshMcAuliffe 03-04-2009 10:54

i changed the synth at 48secs as i felt the other didn't work. but yeah it's actually pretty gothic and i really like the quiet bit in the middle and at the end. you should do vocals for it :D

dradeel 03-04-2009 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382595)
i changed the synth at 48secs as i felt the other didn't work. but yeah it's actually pretty gothic and i really like the quiet bit in the middle and at the end. you should do vocals for it :D

Hehehe. I should, shouldn't I? Hmm... :D

Btw, what's the picture you have showing when it plays Cascara in the myspace player? And what/who is Cascara? :)

AshMcAuliffe 03-04-2009 14:00

the picture is one my partner found but cannot remember where. Cascara is spanish for Shell and in Latin means Sacred Bark. It is currently the name for my partners homonculi (poppet) used in magick so the song has mystical and occult references and powers :D

dradeel 03-04-2009 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382601)
the picture is one my partner found but cannot remember where. Cascara is spanish for Shell and in Latin means Sacred Bark. It is currently the name for my partners homonculi (poppet) used in magick so the song has mystical and occult references and powers :D

I see... I looked it up on google and I found out some weed has Cascara in its name. I believe that might be the Sacred Bark thingie, cause it said they used the bark of the plant to make herbal medicine for constipation and stuff. It supposedly had several uses. Didn't see it was used as a drug though :/ We like weird drugs. Hehe.

Anyways, if you really want me to try and do vocals, then if you made lyrics that will fit it, I'd be fucking happy to tryyy at least :D It would be my first though, so you'd have to bear with me. :p

AshMcAuliffe 04-04-2009 01:22

coolies... i will have a write of lyrics this weekend and will post them to you and of course, email the track to you too :) i've started work on another song tonight but am way too sleepy to finish it :D

dradeel 04-04-2009 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382621)
coolies... i will have a write of lyrics this weekend and will post them to you and of course, email the track to you too :) i've started work on another song tonight but am way too sleepy to finish it :D

Awesome! Another song? You sure are productive. Hehe. But you have plenty of time to work on the lyrics though, cause I will be leaving for Oslo on tuesday and come back sunday 12th. I'm going to the Inferno Metal Festival, aaaand then I have a semester assignment to write before thursday 17th, but after that I'll force my comrade to fool around with some recording with me :)

Btw, if you could give some pin-pointers on where you want the lyrics to kick in on the different parts of the song that would be of great help to me :kawai: I'll be able to figure something out from there I guess :p

AshMcAuliffe 05-04-2009 19:32

OMG!
New song which i finished today!
"Aradia"
I'm speechless. All i know is that i totally love it!

dradeel 05-04-2009 20:09

Hehe, I see what you mean by "dancey" :) This do sound a lot happier than the recent songs I've heard from you. In deep contrast to Cascara at least :D

I just heard I is the Ism for the first time now after hearing Aradia. The effects that kick in at 1:00 sounds just like nintendo/commodore music sound effects :D

AshMcAuliffe 05-04-2009 20:13

tee hee :D the commodore 64 is where i got that sound and it worked very well. I Is The Ism was my attempt to make music from hell or at least what i could imagine playing down there :) it gives me the fear!
but yeah Aradia really is a quantum leap song :)

dradeel 05-04-2009 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382674)
tee hee the commodore 64 is where i got that sound and it worked very well

Haha, there you go. I hope you'll do it more often ;) You haven't thought about playing around with nes trackers to add to your music? :)

AshMcAuliffe 05-04-2009 20:51

i think i'd have to hear some songs with them in. any you recommend so i can hear?

dradeel 06-04-2009 11:59

Not sure if I have a superb example... Dunno if they use nes-trackers (which undoubtedly give the coolest sound) but I know some using the most out of the 8 bit powers of the 80s. Hehe.

HORSE The Band - Murder, or all of them in general have 8 bit sounds in them.

Then you have Machinae Supremacy. They make what they call SID Metal. SID is the sound engine in the old Commodore 64.
Death From Above
Winterstorm
Gimme More (SID). Yes, that's a Britney Spears cover.

The Overworld album in general has a lotta modern synths and stuff and less 8 bit stuff in it, but all in all I guess you can get an idea of how they've used it as an addon to their music.

When I said nes tracker I guess 8 bit is all good enough, but I have a deeper love to nes tracking and the distinct Nntendo sound. And for that I can only give examples from Nintendo games I guess. Allthough there are some who make nes chiptunes for fun too.

AshMcAuliffe 06-04-2009 20:49

i love the Chip effect in Death From Above...
and Horse are full on Nintendocore!! i might have to have an experiment with 8-bits and Chip effects... :D
I'm just taking things as they come... if it works it works... i'm trying not to force things to come and these past 2 songs i've made are testament that it pays to be patient and to let it flow when it's time.
I've been listening to Dangerous and Moving and VU by t.A.T.u. a lot and m loving the electro effects that are ever so slight in the background on D&M and the full on electro on Running Blind, VU and Snegopady.
Theatre of Tragedy are still inspiring me. I now own everything by them bar from one single which i hope to win off Ebay at the weekend!

dradeel 06-04-2009 23:45

Death From Above is actually a song from a game called Jets n' Guns. They made all the soundtracks for that game, and released a 2CD with prolly 30 songs that are along those lines. They've released 3 albums that are more along the lines of the two latter songs I linked to. An awesome band :) And so is HORSE The Band. Hehe. In their own respect of course... They're just hitting the nescore into your brain, and you're forced to love it :p

Indeed. I agree with you. Try out new things all the way, and see if you get a feel for it and a good idea hits you. If it don't, then one can always "force through" a result that might only be half good, but then again, half good isn't really good enough.

Personally I've always had a love for chip tunes, still digging music from old nintendo games, and I wish I could find myself in the position of incorporating it into a proggish industrial metal kinda world :D I'm quite certain that dream will never be fulfilled, but still, I know the ideas that are floating about in my head are perfect. Hehe.

I agree with you on t.A.T.u.. One can say what one wants about the quality of the song writing, but the overall musicianship and result of it all are quite good, and that's why I've stuck with t.A.T.u. during all these years. Nothing is by a mistake in the songs, for sure. :)

I hope you'll get your last piece of ToT ;) I haven't got any CDs of them I'm afraid. I haven't gotten that far yet. I've had so many other bands higher up on my list. Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe 08-04-2009 02:55

fingers are totally crossed for the Theatrwe of Tragedy :)
i'm gonna have to forward some electronic tunes i'm besotted with to gauge your opinion
i started to make a soft almost ethereal track today :)

AshMcAuliffe 09-04-2009 23:06

Another new song!!
Enodia

AshMcAuliffe 12-04-2009 21:51

the new songs are coming along great and they have drums!!! :D
Dradeel i never won the theatre of tragedy cd... gutted!

AshMcAuliffe 13-04-2009 12:49

The Free CD giveaway has come to an end...

dradeel 15-04-2009 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 383025)
Dradeel i never won the theatre of tragedy cd... gutted!

Maaaw... That suxx. Well, there will hopefully be another chance along the road for ya! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 383081)
Albums
please feel free to download these albums and listen and let me know what you think of them.

Downloaded Book of Shadows and The Nocturnicon. I'll download the rest later. I'll have a listen to them after I'm done writing this darn semester assignment which is due for friday *sigh* :)

Btw, have ya written lyrics? :p

AshMcAuliffe 15-04-2009 23:23

i'm in the middle of writing them. i should be done in the next couple of days. good luck with your assignment dude :)
hope you like the albums. as always i await your opinions :D

AshMcAuliffe 15-04-2009 23:51

plus i really am hating myspace's music player... all the songs sound kinda muffled and grainy. so the best place maybe to hear songs is the soundclick player on the myspace page or the actual soundclick page

AshMcAuliffe 18-04-2009 17:58

possible lyrics for Cascara-

Time to die
to learn to cry for help in times of need
the speed of pain
you'll learn that the blood in you will just drain away
with each passing day... i'm done

time to die
to learn to cry in times of need
the pain will not drain away
the pain will not drain away no way

time to die
to know the sky will fall
this fake called life's a knife in your back
you lack the tools to save yourself... the pain
will not drain away ... the pain
will not drain away

dradeel 18-04-2009 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 383284)
good luck with your assignment dude

Thx... I made it in time for the deadline. Hehehe.

And I'm loving the lyrics! They sound vicious. :D

AshMcAuliffe 18-04-2009 18:27

yay!!! congrats!! :D
the lyrics are evil... i'm aiming for sheer nastiness :D

AshMcAuliffe 02-05-2009 15:07

Ok. I have just finished a new instrumental track. It's soft and atmospheric and has been described by many as 'spiritual' which i like.
The song is called "Maia" and is dedicated to a friend and her child who is suffering from an illness and is always in and out of hospital.
When you hear the song you may wonder why the song cuts off at the end and the reason for this is that it will kick straight in to another song.
It's now on my Soundclick page. As usual any comments are always welcome and gratefully received.

MAIA
http://www.soundclick.com/ashmcauliffe

AshMcAuliffe 06-05-2009 11:44

I've been busy again. 3 more songs done for my new CD.
The first is called Æsir and is named after "one who is a member of the Norse pantheon."
The second is called Skye and is a 70 second interlude.
The third is called Maia and is dedicated to a friend who's chid is seriously sick.

dradeel 13-05-2009 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 384114)
Æsir 01 __sir.mp3 - 3.94MB

Æsir sounds like a soundtrack from Dune 2 or something like that :) You seem to be frequent with those. Hehe. Nothing bad with that tho! I believe we've uncovered my great appreciation for gaming music already. ;)

AshMcAuliffe 13-05-2009 09:24

Æsir is my new favourite song as well as Aradia. It is EPIC! It orginally was 8mins long. I had to cut it down so i did. The last bit of the song when the drums come in i'm going to find a sample of vikings and put that over the top. :D I do feel the song has a strong Norse feel to it.
Skye is fun and Maia has lyrics!!: Here they are -

Maia

She was suffering alone
She was wondering how to live and let live and never look back
Inhale and atone for your sins for you risk being turned into stone

Everything you do should be for the good of all....

She was suffering alone
She was pondering how to live and let live and never look back
Breathe in and atone for your sins for you know you're bad to the bone
Excite and enthrall
Know the journey to the centre's a ball
Enchant and enthrall
Know the dreams that you have absolve the soul

Everything you do should be for the good of all...

AshMcAuliffe 16-05-2009 13:53

Remember the song i made back in January with a friend? The track was called "Sirius" and featured my friend Andrea on vocals.
Well she's done a remix
http://www.myspace.com/primalmuse

AshMcAuliffe 20-06-2009 03:09

Heylo!
It's been a while.
Here is a link to my new song called "Vaan" and i like it muchly especially the creepy middle and outro.