Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Julia Volkova (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Yulia Volkova Solo Project pt.2 (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=13075)

EsseAmaAquele 10-01-2012 02:21

Same here:confused:

franb 10-01-2012 17:11

Same here :confused:

Arnaudfrenchy 10-01-2012 22:16

Samir :gigi::gigi:

Argos 18-01-2012 15:41

Something about the shooting of the cineastic masterpiece 9 1/2 Zombies. Choose the resolution you want to download, with click-save on the link 'скачать'. The premiere is planned this autumn.

RowerB 19-01-2012 09:05

Thanks for the link. Great quality. The zombies almost come alive.

fanoff 20-01-2012 07:34

She told in an interview that she's working with Sergey Galoyan.

fanoff 24-01-2012 07:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afk0mW-6B9Q

Her full Moscow concert(21.01) She actually very much improved her stage perfırmance

sakuya 24-01-2012 13:50

Yeah, She hired back vocal who sings tricky parts :D

MalchikGeiBrand 24-01-2012 20:23

She's improving... but her back up vocalist is louder than her. :bum: Sometimes I'm just like "wow her voice sounded really strong there! Oh wait no that was her back up singer"
I think she mainly needs to focus on how to make her voice sound louder and richer more often. She's so soft on some of the songs. Can't they rehearse and play more of the songs in a different key to better suit her range too? That way she doesn't have to constantly switch to a lower octave or stumble when she tries to hit a higher note. Or at least rework the melodies like she did for 30 Minutes, so it doesn't have really high notes.
I know they lowered Nas Ne Dagoniat by a few keys... but still not enough for her to be able sing in a higher octave.
She hits a pretty low note during Running Blind though, a D#3.

Thank you for the post! The video was edited kind of cool. I liked how it showed footage from when she was holding the camera.

thelastblossom 25-01-2012 02:26

it was nicer than expected. she got the most out of her voice it seems , nas ne dogonyat was fun

RowerB 25-01-2012 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakuya (Post 397319)
Yeah, She hired back vocal who sings tricky parts :D

I’m not a big fan of backing singers. I want to hear Yulia on her own. Anyway it looked like the show was good. The thing is, now we have other performances to compare this to and for me Saint Petersburg was much better. It had more charm and Yulia wasn’t drowned out by the band.

Edit 29/01/12: The Krasnoyarsk performance also suffered from Yulia’s microphone being too quiet. In a lot of the clips it is hard to hear her over the band. It’s disappointing, because when she can be clearly heard it is magical.

fanoff 28-02-2012 21:13

Yulia has recorded a song with Dima Bilan called "Back To Her Future" and they will enter Russian Eurovision selection :D

michael 28-02-2012 23:01

Was there not a rumour about Eurovision last year too?

obez17 29-02-2012 01:02

Eurovision songs are always so bad...

Argos 29-02-2012 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael (Post 397382)
Was there not a rumour about Eurovision last year too?

Yes, but it was a joke. This time it is a serious threat! :D

JNX 08-03-2012 07:01

Julia Volkova & Dima Bilan - Back To Her Future
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnEzHjXbbr8

They got the 2nd place on the Russian selection.

Song is boring and I don't like Yulia's voice here :-/

convol 08-03-2012 12:41

Well, who would have thought that Julia one day would do typical eurovision crap willingly and with someone like Dima Bilan, back in 2003? Good grief. And who would have thought that people would cheer for the Buranovskie Babushki as a kind of anti-Eurovision, but a happy, heartfult song so that Dima Bilan and Julia, also referred to as 'the girl', wouldn't get more exposure?

Argos 08-03-2012 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by JNX (Post 397423)
Song is boring and I don't like Yulia's voice here :-/

It's Swedish pop and per definition this is quite bo...oops...'edgeless' - was always - is - will ever be (sorry Swedish guys! )

I remember Yulya two and a half months ago and she sounded like 'go home and never enter the stage again'. She improved extremely and she didn't disappoint at all. She is on a good way if she continues like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by convol
who would have thought that Julia one day would do typical eurovision crap willingly and with someone like Dima Bilan, back in 2003?

Who thought after ATTSS and NGGU that t.A.T.u. would appear on ESC 2003? Yulya was always a mainstream girl. I can't remember that she ever admitted to have a more edgy/exotic act on her favourites list, so it's not so much a surprise for me, much more that she really was good enough to get into the selection.

The grannies from Buranovo don't make their points with good music, good singing or interesting performances, they conquered the show business with just one ingredient: absurdity. This proves one fact in today's showbiz: you are not welcome if you are good and creative, you have only chances if your whole concept is very very dimwitted. Now I even beg for more Lady Gagas instead of Trackshittaz and Buranovskie babushki.

RowerB 08-03-2012 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 397426)
I remember Yulya two and a half months ago and she sounded like 'go home and never enter the stage again'. She improved extremely and she didn't disappoint at all.

I like Yulia’s performance. She got the Eurovision vibe exactly right, but Saint Petersburg was way better in my opinion. Also, backing singers should be seen and not heard.

convol 10-03-2012 03:20

Quote:

Who thought after ATTSS and NGGU that t.A.T.u. would appear on ESC 2003? Yulya was always a mainstream girl. I can't remember that she ever admitted to have a more edgy/exotic act on her favourites list, so it's not so much a surprise for me, much more that she really was good enough to get into the selection.

The grannies from Buranovo don't make their points with good music, good singing or interesting performances, they conquered the show business with just one ingredient: absurdity. This proves one fact in today's showbiz: you are not welcome if you are good and creative, you have only chances if your whole concept is very very dimwitted. Now I even beg for more Lady Gagas instead of Trackshittaz and Buranovskie babushki.
Tatu in 2003 were, to say the least, the odd ones out. Julia and Dima Bilan together - trite and highly typical of Eurovision. Julia being a mainstream girl? Apparently she is, although I was once hoping that something somewhat edgy would come from her.

The only reason I knew about the grannies at all is because I visited a Zemfira concert in Helsinki a week ago and while I was looking for bootleg recordings, I encountered both the grannies as well as Dima's & Julia's ESC contributions. Eurovision is an orgy in bad taste, and seems to be considered a very guilty pleasure in most of (Western?) Europe. In Sweden at least, I don't know anyone that takes the competition seriously - it's the lowest of the low even in mainstream show-business (lower than American Idol), even though there are obvious notable exceptions from time to time.

Moreover, if I can choose between the grannies with their absurdity on a kitch competition like Eurovision (!), I'd rather have them than Dima Bilan and many of the Eurovision contributions I have heard. With the grannies I can at least turn off the sound and look at their happy faces. As for Lady Gaga like 99.9% of the rest of mainstream showbusiness (or the Swedish ESC process for that matter), I just can't be bothered anymore.