Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   The Island of Arts (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Pictures of your Culture, Country, and Lifestyle (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=9568)

Sean Jon 02-12-2005 23:31

Pictures of your Culture, Country, and Lifestyle

I thought this would be a good topic. Take pictures of your culture (what you do, eat etc), country, and lifestyle and post them here. It's great because it's nice to see other peoples lives from around the world. I thought it would be interesting.

Here are pictures from my house in New Jersey, USA. (I'll take pics of New York City when I can)... but until then...

The best dog in the world. His name is Cody and I love him!
The chandelier in my house.
Me on my porch.... with my new sexy brown hair :D i look kinda young though.
My garage. It looks fuzzy cause its nighttime and i had to make the contrast lighter.
Me outside with some nice fancy New Joiisy houses behind me. again with my sexy brown hair.
Part of my lawn and a few neighbors' as well. theres also a cool christmas-decorated tree.
My padio thing.

your turn.

QueenBee 02-12-2005 23:36

OMG this is such a freaking great idea! I'll post more when I've got the time. :) (and I'll comment too)

Sean Jon 05-12-2005 13:08

awwwww, no takers? :(

midori 05-12-2005 15:09

I am sorry but I dont have any pictures
I dont really like taking pictures

freddie 06-12-2005 18:57

This is not really my country, nor my culture, but I found it to be a nice sign of the times:

Shot in early October 2004, Boston, Mass. Both boards were just a few metres apart. Unrelated, but yet so ironic, if you think about it. :p

Rachel 07-12-2005 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie

If that sign was near me it would have been defaced by now! :laugh:

zebu 07-12-2005 02:08

heart made of some kind of pastry, typical for zagreb and surroundings

KillaQueen 07-12-2005 02:22

some typical romanian foods:
mici (read [meech]) - a mix of different types of chopped meat plus spices cooked on a barbeque. usually served with mustard. this is a very popular dish.
sarmale - again, spiced chopped meat rolled up into pickled cabage leaves, cooked in the oven and served with the romanian version of tortilla and/or sour cream. this is a traditional Christmas dish, but can be eaten throughout the year as well.

sorry, no dessert today :p

oh and zeb, i want that heart thing. me + sweets = best friends :liplick:

Lux 07-12-2005 04:17

NY Halloween Parade '05

another parade pic lol

underground

bar

freddie 07-12-2005 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux

American subways!! *gets all nostalgic*

nath 07-12-2005 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
underground

great pic Lux!

ikketiketoketiketoe 07-12-2005 19:18

in a classroom
part of the school building

It's not much, but i couldn't find something else for now...i'll be looking for it

zebu 07-12-2005 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillaQueen
oh and zeb, i want that heart thing. me + sweets = best friends :liplick:

lol no no, its for decoration not eatable

and ur sarmale, we have that thing also called sarma lol ppl on the coast use sometimes leaves from vineyard to do it. i thought that was our dish not so wide spread.

and that meat thing, its all over here, it came here from bosnia, called chevapchichi

Lux 08-12-2005 00:16

projects LOL nottttt

he wove to me but i didn't catch it fast enough :P

what i should be doing

wrinkly

lady with dog

colonial-esque building from far away, prob a school or something

the sun sets

nath 08-12-2005 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
wrinkly

Great pic Lux! You should try to go in photoshop and to keep the same colour on the lady and to transform all the rest in black and white to give more a loneliness feeling.

marina 08-12-2005 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebu
we have that thing also called sarma lol ppl on the coast use sometimes leaves from vineyard to do it. i thought that was our dish not so wide spread.

It's a wide spread thing in many places of former Soviet Union....though russians prefer to use cabage leaves , people from other places (especially asians) use the grape leaves from vineyard :)

Wrinkly -- is my fave too , nath:D......Great pic , Lux , I call it baked-apple-face !:done:

Lux 08-12-2005 13:53

LOL she had the wrinkliest hands, i kept looking at them, wanting to take a picture. but i didn't want my presence to be a nuisance, i mean..a true photographer is like furniture LMAO but yeah i'll try something in photoshop

coolasfcuk 08-12-2005 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebu
l
and ur sarmale, we have that thing also called sarma lol ppl on the coast use sometimes leaves from vineyard to do it. i thought that was our dish not so wide spread.

Same for us... and with the SAME name... so, same pic :laugh: oh.. and same about what Sarmi (plural) are made from: cabage leaves or grape leaves... here in USA, everyone knows the grape leaves ones as dahlmas, and of course the origin is believed to be GREEK :heh:

Quote:

and that meat thing, its all over here, it came here from bosnia, called chevapchichi
:D once again ... SAME, except we call it Kebabcheta :gigi: .. those are clearly a balkan thing, i would guess coming over from Turkey, because we have similar thing (made out of ground meat, onioin, spices, etc), but in the shape of something between meatball and hamburger patty and it's called Kiofte ... and here middle eastern places have the Kefta, Kofte and so on similar things ... and they are deliciousssssssssssss

Offtop:
cant believe i am here posting, when its 5:40am and my final presentation is at 2pm :eek: ... will ba back later to post some pics here.. great topic btw

xmad 08-12-2005 17:35

Pictures of my country(Not Cyprus).
After one in the USA and one in Indonesia, it is the largest cave in the world.

freddie 10-12-2005 01:21

Old meets the new - the monolitic communist era structure called Titov Most (Tito's Bridge) on the left, and a new shinny & kitch shopping centre on the left.