Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Sports and Entertainment (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tennis thread (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7352)

transcend 20-05-2004 12:23

Tennis thread

OK, so as not to bore the non tennis fans, I'll start a specific thread. So who do you think will win the French Open - I'm going for Federer/ Mauresmo, although more in hope than belief, as far as Amelie is concerned. Also, on a side note - do you think Amelie is attractive? I must admit I don't usually go for the butch type, but I dunno, I definitely find her somewhat alluring: I suspect it's got something to do with her butch physique being belied by her gentle nature...and the fact that I suspect she'd be a more than capable shag (sorry to be crude).

transcend 21-05-2004 06:09

So, obviously nobody wants to talk about tennis then ;) . Where's spyretto?

Tom Violence 21-05-2004 08:55

I would love to talk tennis. However I don't have a television, and haven't for the previous eight months, so I'm a little behind the times.

So, let's see. I think Sue Barker and Illie Nastase will both win it again this year. Yes. That's right.

freddie 21-05-2004 09:33

I think Federer just might will although I hope Agassi does. I don't like those young guns.

Frankly Amelie scares me a bit. She is SUCH a guy. Broad shoulders and all, powerful. Only Serena Williams can at least compete with her in sheer power.

nath 21-05-2004 18:43

Me I'm Happy to see again My Martina Navratilovaaaaaaaaa.....ARWWWwwwwww!....... :D
....I'm a little ashamed ...but could you tell me the dates of Roland Garros, please.....I don't know them... :rolleyes:

coolasfcuk 21-05-2004 19:07

Tennis is nice, but... only if there is no nice football on tv and with the Euro coming up soon.... tennis is pushed back for me :gigi:

also, regular daily schedule doesnt allow me to watch tv really... so :(

forre 21-05-2004 19:38

sunwalk, :bum:

FRENCH OPEN
Roland Garros, Paris
May 24 - June 6 2004
Courts Suzanne Lenglen & Philippe Chartrier

KillaQueen 21-05-2004 22:39

oh me looooooovvvees tennis... might be the only sport i watch on tv (except for some very rare football matches)... and i also love to play it :) though i havent done it in a while :bum:

but i was a real tennis fanatic back in the times of Martina Hingis... i loved that girl.. so young and so much talent :coctail: then she disappeared from the scene... never really got to know why... i guess i didnt try to find out either, but still... anyone care to enlighten me? :o

nath 21-05-2004 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by forre
sunwalk, :bum:

Forre Spassiba!....What happened to your poor little eye?... :eek: ...a ball ..or the vision Of Martina Navratilova?.....:kwink:

coolasfcuk 21-05-2004 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunwalk
....What happened to your poor little eye?... ...a ball ..or the vision Of Martina Navratilova?.....

:laugh:

I have to admit here... sunwalk, Martina Navratilova gives me black eyes when i look at her :gigi:

So, we have these two sister tennis players from bulgaria Maleevi... but usually they dont do too well - definatelly not the Willimas sisters... oh well

zebu 22-05-2004 00:12

Hingis, she decided to quit and go study smthing, thats what she said in one recent interview i saw.

im a huge tennis fan, not like i used to be when i was younger but i still watch it and play it.

favs for the Roland Garros, id say Henin and Federer

freddie 22-05-2004 06:33

It was such a shame Martina retired. And so many years before her time as well. Lady's tennis lost a lot of grace with her retirement... it signaled the start of the power-houses era. Although Justine is still from the old school.

nath 22-05-2004 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie
It was such a shame Martina retired. And so many years before her time as well. Lady's tennis lost a lot of grace with her retirement... it signaled the start of the power-houses era.

Yes i agree Freddie .... i liked the time when female tennis was "clever " strategy...Of course , you can't be a great tennis player if your mind doesn't follow and the present players have a "head" but...sometimes it's more their physicall strenght which makes them win ...more than their strategy....
I liked the time of Navratilova and Steffie Graff...
I spoke about Navratilova 'cause of course she retired ...but she will play this year ...she is 47 years old and she comes back just for this Roland Garros.
I don't think she will stay during a lot of turns but...it will be a "heart great pleasure" for me to see her again....Yep ...I mean she wasn't beautiful nor a top model.....but she had a kind of "elegance" (you found the right word, Freddie )which came from her...from her behaviour.... She had a veryy strong personnality....

taty994945 22-05-2004 11:01

Here's the offical site if you didn't already know: www.rolandgarros.com

It's fun to read the post-match interviews, especially from the losers. :D

transcend 23-05-2004 10:19

I think Roger's in quite a tough quarter of the draw - he'll probably play Kiefer in Rd 2, maybe Kuerten in Rd 3 and I think Safin's also in his quarter. Amelie should have a clear run through to the semis, where she'll meet either Capriati or Serena Williams (one would imagine) - I can't see either Dementieva or Davenport tripping her up, unless the nerves really get the better of her :rolleyes: . I think it should be a good Roland Garros though - it's very open this year. I wish Monica were playing though... she's been out for so long now, I'm starting to wonder if she'll ever return.

taty994945 25-05-2004 07:35

Agassi lost 1st round. :( I just hope he can finish his career in a blaze of glory.

forre 25-05-2004 13:58

A better coverage on the Eurosport News site.

Real Time Scoreboard - The Official Roland Garros website.

Gisela Dulko (Argentina) v Martina Navratilova (U.S.) - 6:1, 6:3. Martina is out in her first round. Pity but not unexpected.

transcend 25-05-2004 21:45

Ferrerro did well to beat Haas in 4 sets today - that was a tough opener for him. Capriati was lucky to get through - I still think she'll be a threat later in the tournament though. Didn't see Federer's match, but it looks like he won it easily. Too bad about Navratilova, but clay was never her best surface; it'll be interesting to see how she does on grass next month. It's shaping up to be a good French Open. :)

taty994945 27-05-2004 03:20

Wow, all American men are out. So is Henin. :eek:

forre 27-05-2004 03:51

Henin didn't come to the tournament in a good form so her lost wasn't a big shock. Even if you are #1, the competition is so tough that you got to be in a good form to score anything there.

So what do we have?

Men's singles (round 2)

Juan Monaco ARG - Guillermo Coria ARG
Fabrice Santoro FRA - Irakli Labadze GEO
Carlos Moya ESP - Fernando Vicente ESP
Olivier Mutis FRA - Andy Roddick USA
Jerome Haehnel FRA - Michael Llodra FRA
Lars Burgsmuller GER - Tim Henman GBR
Vladimir Voltchkov BLR - Nicolas Massu CHI
Florian Mayer GER - Nicolas Escude FRA
Fernando Verdasco ESP - Juan Ignacio Chela ARG
Luis Horna PER - Galo Blanco ESP
Mikhail Youzhny RUS - Andrei Pavel ROM
Mariano Zabaleta ARG - Mario Ancic CRO
Julien Jeanpierre FRA - Vincent Spadea USA
Paradorn Srichaphan THA - Alex Corretja ESP
Raemon Sluiter NED - Dominik Hrbaty SVK
Tommy Robredo ESP - Guillermo Garcia-Lopez ESP

Women's singles (round 2)

Amelie Mauresmo FRA - Anabel Medina Garrigues ESP
Justine Henin-Hardenne BEL - Tathiana Garbin ITA
Jie Zheng CHN - Emilie Loit FRA
Vera Zvonareva RUS - Magui Serna ESP
Meghann Shaughnessy USA - Silvia Farina Elia ITA
Yuliana Fedak UKR - Nadia Petrova RUS
Elena Dementieva RUS - Nicole Pratt AUS
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo ESP - Lindsay Davenport USA
Vera Douchevina RUS - Paola Suarez ARG
Marlene Weingartner GER - Maria Elena Camerin ITA
Tatiana Perebiynis UKR - Ashley Harkleroad USA
Dinara Safina RUS - Marissa Irvin USA
Arantxa Parra Santonja ESP - Lisa Raymond USA (28)
Rita Grande ITA - Maria Sharapova RUS
Magdalena Maleeva BUL - Marta Marrero ESP
Klara Koukalova CZE - Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi ISR