Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General discussions (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Russians the least happy people in the world (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=5452)

spyretto 05-10-2003 01:32

Russians the least happy people in the world

Yeah, it's true, in a recent poll Russians were last, Romanians were second to last and another Eastern state's citizens were also in the bottom 3 - Bulgarians, I think, though not too sure...no, it was Armenians...
That goes to all of you who tend to idealise Russia.

The most happy people were, surprisingly enough, the Nigerians - a fact that goes to refute the argument that people from the richest/advanced countries are the most happy. I think the US people were only 16th or something while the Brits were in the lower 20's.

oh, and the Mexicans were second ( most happy people, of course :D ) And they're not exactly wallowing in richness.

I'll post more official info unless someone else beats me to it :)

could it be that the most happy ppl are the most oblivious ones??? just an idea...

Devilish Yulia 05-10-2003 01:49

wat bout us aussies over here! are weeeee happy! :D

yul and lena do have a attitude. they seem happy wit each other but probably close to chucking a spaz when the press ask all the stupid questions :spy:

spyretto 05-10-2003 02:14

You were outclassed by the New Zealanders mate.. :p

Here's some artcles:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/974827.asp?cp1=1

http://nypost.com/living/7095.htm

taty994945 05-10-2003 02:17

im going to nigeria..haha i feel happy at the thought already! :)

spyretto 05-10-2003 02:23

yeah, me too. Especially if you get shot there, then you'd be immensely & terminally happy. Mewonders how Iraq faired :D

Kappa 05-10-2003 04:00

spyretto, you're going to kill me for saying this: but ignorance is bliss. :gigi: Mexico must be the second most happy country because it's also the fifth with the most serious analfabetism and possibly the third with most children dropping out on Elementary.

haku 05-10-2003 04:58

They don't have my country in those articles, oh well, i'm pretty happy! Then again, i don't have high expectations... :rolleyes: :D

Devilish Yulia 05-10-2003 05:20

me aussie and im happy as it is!.....cant believe those new zealanders beat us!:bebebe:...........oh wellz!

Kappa 05-10-2003 06:25

I came up with this today on the afternoon, after I handed a piece of the brownie I bought to a kiddo who was selling stuff on the street (hey, we had been looking at each other for a while; I offered it to him and he went thanks and smiled).

I'm not happy because I know my reality and my country's reality: blessid those who live in a world of their own.

coolasfcuk 05-10-2003 08:22

Re: Russians the least happy people in the world

Quote:

Yeah, it's true, in a recent poll Russians were last, Romanians were second to last and another Eastern state's citizens were also in the bottom 3 - Bulgarians, I think, though not too sure...no, it was Armenians...
:gigi: of course it is not Bulgarians, we are happy people :coctail:

rachelc 05-10-2003 11:57

Re: Russians the least happy people in the world

Quote:

Originally posted by spyretto

could it be that the most happy ppl are the most oblivious ones??? just an idea...

Is "oblivious" here just a polite way of saying "stupid". If so, I can well imagine the Russkies being the unhappiest people on earth, because they're deep buggers.

I personally am a miserable f**ker...and I was also a child prodigy...Now I'm just a washed-up ex-child prodigy who delivers post for a living...and dreams of managing Tatu.

parrish122 05-10-2003 12:45

Sypretto, your saying that maybe the people that are most happy are the ones that are most oblivious reminded me of an old "Calvin and Hobbes" cartoon.

Teacher: Calvin, what state do you live in?

Calvin: Denial. <Wearing a huge smile as he says this>

Teacher: <Sigh> Well, I can't argue with that.

LOL!

Parrish

Tom Violence 05-10-2003 14:14

So this must be the answer to the question 'Why Russia?' that people insist on asking me. It makes sense. Cheerful people make such wearisome company, I'd rather be around as few of them as possible.

guesshoo 06-10-2003 00:04

forgive me, but i think russians are the coldest of ppl (not in the literal sense, lol). they tend be the ones with the least heart. often bold and they offer no apologies for this. these are the kind of ppl i love (simply b/c i am not able to this myself)! :D

sorry about the generalization, just my honest opinion.

Lux 06-10-2003 00:50

interesting thread spyretto!

i couldn't generalize countries' happiness. happiness is too subjective.

goku 06-10-2003 01:15

I agree Lux. I'm Russian, born and raised, and I couldn't be happier. Lena Katina herself said Russia is a great place to live, and I totally agree. People tend to generalize and show only the bad things about Russia, but never what's good about living here.

spyretto 06-10-2003 02:01

Quote:

Is "oblivious" here just a polite way of saying "stupid". If so, I can well imagine the Russkies being the unhappiest people on earth, because they're deep buggers.
hehe...I don't know about stupid but I have to agree with darje on this one, "happiness" and "living in a world of your own" can't be too far apart. "What you don't know can't hurt you". I bet the Russians would seem "happier" prior to 1991?

I was having a conversation with somebody months ago and we were discussing the same thing, that the people who seem the most happy are the ones who are the poorest, don't expect anything, and live in a world of their own. He mentioned the Brazilians and the Latin Americans in general, Africans, etc. ( The ones who tend to complain the less )