Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Sports and Entertainment (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Church stops Madonna's concert, DVD and videoclip in Portugal - SIGN THE PETITION! (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7449)

Unplugged 10-06-2004 16:33

Church stops Madonna's concert, DVD and videoclip in Portugal - SIGN THE PETITION!

Portugal has been expecting Madonna's visit for 20 years. Now that this would be possible, a scandal promoted by a stupid church called Igreja Maná (Maná Church) is stopping this from happening.

Madonna booked a concert in Lisbon for the 12th of September. Knowing this, the Maná Church somehow managed to antecipate their 'religious conference' and booked (on purpose!, many sources say) the dates of 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th of September for the same arena.
Madonna chose to come to Portugal not only to do her mega-show of the "Re-invention Tour", but also to record a live DVD of the show in Lisbon (at Pavilhão Atlântico / Atlantic Pavillon), and also to make a videoclip of her new single in the capital of Portugal. All this would promote Portugal's image a lot, and would please the hundreds of thousands of portuguese (and also foreigners who would attend the concert) who are waiting for this moment. However, Madonna needs at least 3 days to rehearse in the arena for the recording of the show on DVD and also to put up the enormous ammount of material the tour implicates - and only the Atlantic Pavillon has enough space for such an ambicious show with tons of material involved. So, if Madonna doesn't have those days to put the show up and rehearse (and also take care of the DVD filming crew), she will cancel the concert. Still, the Maná Church, although having lots of different arenas to choose from -in which they could do their convention-, they refuse to move to another arena.

According to the promoter of Tournée in Portugal, Ricardo Casimiro, "only a miracle will bring Madonna to Portugal for the show, DVD and new videoclip recordng, since the Atlantic Pavillon administration has until now no plans of cancelling the contract with the Maná Church" and asks the fans all over the world to unite, protest and stop this mess, "which is giving Portugal a bad reputation and keeping away other big artists from coming to perform here. This is a joke!", the portuguese promoter said. "Along with Rock in Rio Lisboa and the Euro 2004, a recording of the new Madonna video in Lisbon, plus a DVD with the show, not to speak of the biggest concert in the world, would bring attention to Portugal and once again improve our image."

Fans have already opened up a petition, but the scandal continues: some members of the Maná Church have flooded the petition with comments like "Go away, whore! Jesus hates you! Maná rules!", "Madonna is a sinner, we don't want Hell in Portugal! Go Maná!" and so on.
Besides the petition, a number of national newspapers are supporting the fans and protesting will take place in Lisbon in front of the Atlantic Pavillon, which has already received hundreds of e-mails of people bashing their administration.

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION!

http://www.petitiononline.com/madonnaP/petition.html

It doesn't matter if you're not portuguese, since there are many foreigners (including brazilians) who are planning to come to Portugal if the concert takes place.

Thank you for your help :)

Those stupid fundamentalists will have to go some place else :nunu:

cirrus 10-06-2004 16:43

signed :done:

i hope i'm not the only one...

Unplugged 10-06-2004 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by cirrus
i hope i'm not the only one...

We have managed more than 1200 signatures in just one day :done: Please, SIGN, people! :D

Veggie Delite 10-06-2004 16:55

signed. No. 1234 :D

Unplugged 10-06-2004 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie Delite
signed. No. 1234 :D

thaaaaaaaanks :kwink: :rose:

Veggie Delite 10-06-2004 17:24

any time babe. u know i like your cooking ;)

joelovestatu 10-06-2004 18:27

I signed, No. 1262. :)

rosh 10-06-2004 18:34

signed ! number 1263

nothing like people who try and ram their "morals" down other peoples throats ...

crni 10-06-2004 20:54

did it! 1289 is the number ;)

QueenBee 11-06-2004 02:31

Dude, that sux. :bum:

I'm gonna sign it to be nice. :D Even though I don't believe in those things, I don't think they really help. Remember the tatugirls.com petition? :blabla:

Kate 11-06-2004 03:34

I signed it too. :D the church should go where it doesn't belong! :nunu:

taty994945 11-06-2004 10:21

I signed as well. Protesting is fun! (sometimes)

Unplugged 12-06-2004 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenBee
I'm gonna sign it to be nice. Even though I don't believe in those things, I don't think they really help. Remember the tatugirls.com petition?

Well, with this one is different, since this is getting a lot of attention from the media, so the more signatures it gets, the more the media will keep promoting to sign the petition :D

Thanks to everyone who signed so far :done:

haku 12-06-2004 00:46

Madonna rules. :kawai: Church sucks. :nunu: Me be 1634. :rev:

teeny 15-06-2004 19:22

Signed. 2279 :done:

Veggie Delite 15-06-2004 23:14

Quote:

Church sucks.
:none:

i'm not religious, but i respect every single religion. and i think it's not nice for people who do believe in god to say something like this

teeny 15-06-2004 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie Delite
and i think it's not nice for people who do believe in god to say something like this

exactly. It's disrespectful to those that do :yes:

haku 15-06-2004 23:47

What is this? An anti-haku coalition? Why did you sign the petition if you support this church?

Unplugged 16-06-2004 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by haku
What is this? An anti-haku coalition? Why did you sign the petition if you support this church?

:laugh: Yeah... I mean, I think you were referring to this church, not ALL churches/religions in the world... Right?

haku 16-06-2004 03:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by staringelf
I think you were referring to this church, not ALL churches/religions in the world... Right?

Exactly, lol, i said "church sucks", singular, as in "the one we are talking about in this thread". My Beavis-and-Butthead-esque post was a reply to the Mana supporters who had posted "Mana rules!".
If i were to "disrespect" all religions (all churches would be too limiting since "church" can only designate a christian organization and if i were to be suddenly possessed by an intolerant wrath i might as well include all religions), in addition to using the plural form, i would certainly develop more sophisticated arguments than "religions suck! huh-huh-huh huh-huh-huh".