Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Sports and Entertainment (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Japan's Version of Tatu! (Mp3 + Video Download Available!) (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=3260)

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 04:02

Japanese cover of ATTSS

Universal Japan have announced that the group Juemilia (never 'eard of 'em, but they seem to be 2 teenage girls, surprise surprise) will release a Japanese version of ATTSS on May 28th. Audio extract available here: http://www.universal-music.co.jp/jue...dex_main2.html

It's, ummm... interesting. Not as bad as Hiromi Go's version of Livin' La Vida Loca, mind ;) Apparently it's the duo's first attempt at songwriting (they've had one single out already, it seems).

haku 15-05-2003 04:18

Well, i kinda like japanese pop but i just listened to that cover and it's, uh... very bad!
Tatu, so young and already covered!

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 04:21

Japanese do Tatu style

Photo of the aforementioned Juemilia and also another duo called Suitei Shojo, who seem to have picked up on the school uniform thing.

http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/urs...dir=/My+Photos

haku 15-05-2003 04:33

To be honest, i think it's fair to say that it's Tatu that borrowed the uniform thing to the Japanese in the first place.
In the ATTSS video they really look like two anime characters.

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 04:36

Fair comment, I think

Quote:

Originally posted by haku
To be honest, i think it's fair to say that it's Tatu that borrowed the uniform thing to the Japanese in the first place.
In the ATTSS video they really look like two anime characters.

There's one or two images on the web of them actually depicted manga-style. Prefer the real thing, myself ;)

Kappa 15-05-2003 04:54

Jesus. What would this be, "Bishoujo Magical Girl Lena"'s soundtrack? Maybe "Yulia Boy Captor" comes next. Watch Toonami to stay tuned! :P Just kidding.

Cute. But holds not a candle on Yulia's and Lena's voices.

YLuelniaa 15-05-2003 05:06

em that was a bit emm weird..

karxwp 15-05-2003 05:07

hehehe

For the OST of Haruka and Michiru Chronicles or another movie of Shoujo Kakumei Utena :D:D
:)

jockdstylez 15-05-2003 05:32

haha..I knew this would happen sooner or later :D Britney then Christina...BSB then Nsync.. the list goes on.. hmm.. But I like it!! :p Of course nowhere near better than our girls..*especially when it comes to looks* but its cute! :laugh:

Lenoch- is there no longer version? I like the beat! Thanks it put a smile on my face... ;)

the only really pretty jap I've seen is Ayumi Hamasaki, but shes had numerous surgeries soo, maybe I should be praising her plastic surgeon.. :p :laugh:

vic3k must you always contradict me? lol j\k :kwink: I'm starting to think I'm some weirdo here..not one person liked it..except for me..same with the new nvnbnp.. ::sigh::

I stand alone... :flag:

vic3k 15-05-2003 05:34

this sounds very very poor. but hey, tatu covered, already? that s good news, just hope its not another mocking type :)

protoman2k1 15-05-2003 05:36

?

ok by the looks of it, these girls are like t.A.T.u. , let me guess are these girls lesbians?

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 05:41

Glad it worked for you

Quote:

Originally posted by jockdstylez
Lenoch- is there no longer version? I like the beat! Thanks it put a smile on my face... ;)
:cool: I'll keep an eye out (if I remember) for full versions, but as they're a relatively new group, there's still not an awful lot of info about them, as far as I could tell from a Yahoo.jp search. Certainly, if I find the lyrics, I'll try and translate them - they definitely aren't a straight translation of the English. All else failing, I'm sure it'll turn up at karaoke sooner or later. ATTSS is already there, and I do enjoy murdering that ;)

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 05:42

Re: ?

Quote:

Originally posted by protoman2k1
ok by the looks of it, these girls are like t.A.T.u. , let me guess are these girls lesbians?
Not as far as I can gather. I think it's just a straight copy of a similar tatu pose.

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 05:45

If it's any consolation...

Quote:

vic3k must you always contradict me? lol j\k :kwink: I'm starting to think I'm some weirdo here..not one person liked it..except for me..same with the new nvnbnp.. ::sigh::

I think it could grow on me. And my b/f said he wanted to hear the full version, so you're not alone, petal :)

jockdstylez 15-05-2003 05:56

Lenoch- Thankie! :D made me feel better! :) I like it, I deffinately will get the full version once it's available. i don't suppose you like Ayumi huh? isn't she like the Madonna there? :dknow: bah..i keep listening to the lowly 44 secs of it..and I'm liking it more! hehe :D

GREG!! you should hear this!!

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 06:01

Always happy to help

Quote:

Lenoch- Thankie! :D made me feel better! :) I like it, I deffinately will get the full version once it's available. i don't suppose you like Ayumi huh? isn't she like the Madonna there?
Ummm...I guess. Probably less controversial than Madge, though.

I'm not much of a j-pop fan these days (used to be keen when I was a student here in the mid-90s), so all these girly singers tend to blend into one as far as I'm concerned. Must be getting old or something :p

Lux 15-05-2003 06:28

interesting

this sort of thing at 1.26am makes me laugh, hard. so here's me cracking up at a japanese cover

hahahahahahahahah

why do ppl always try to cash in on other ppl's brilliant ideas?
oy capitalism strains my eyes

LenochkaO 15-05-2003 06:32

Re: interesting

Quote:

Originally posted by Lux
why do ppl always try to cash in on other ppl's brilliant ideas?
Human nature, m'dear.

At least it's acknowledged to be a cover, rather than just ripping off the melody in certain parts. When I came back out here in 1998, there was a song that drove me demented, because it had ripped off big chunks of "Torn" (Natalie Imbruglia), but was posing as an original melody.

bladergirl 15-05-2003 06:43

thanks for the info. the japanese girls look good.

however, tatu is always the best!! and nobody can beat Yulia's style!!

Kate 15-05-2003 07:57

LenochkaO, thanks so much for this! Awesome!! I loved the Japanese Version!