Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   The Island of Arts (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   My Music (Strikes Again) (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=11936)

dradeel 20-06-2009 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 385649)
Let me know what you think =)

Hmm... I'd want more "oomph" in it. More bass. I'm listening to it with my in-ear ear plugs, and that's supposed to amplify bass in songs, but I kinda thought it lacked some bass ... a really deep and heavier bass, but like that ambient bass-sound-thingie you have going throughout the song. I think it would sound "fuller" with one more deeper layer of bass if you know what I mean :kawai:

Besides that it's quite nice. I've been hoping you'd go for the sinister and straight forward electronic/ebm stuff, and so far so good :D ... only ebm requires vocals ;)

AshMcAuliffe 20-06-2009 14:08

I've taken your advice and upped the bass a wee bit. :)
It's a simple bass pattern but it adds a a wee bit of depth to the song. I re-uploaded the track for you to hear.
ps. i haven't normalised the track yet so it may seem louder in places.
Trust me there is going to be vocals on these songs! I may be wrong but i think this CD is shaping up to be the best one! And then i will retire :D lol
I think i'm going to stick to the lyrics i wrote for that song i want you to do some vocals on. i will type them up and send them to you.

dradeel 20-06-2009 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 385654)
And then i will retire lol

Nono... the correct sentence would be: And then we'll make an ebm band together :laugh: ;)

I'll listen to the songs in a little bit. Right now I have to go to the store and shop dinner for tomorrow. Hehe.

AshMcAuliffe 20-06-2009 16:19

Lyrics For "VAAN"
---------------------
"The emptiness
That silent suicide
when the joy of love and pain of hurt collide
You feel torn so you look inside
It's a secret you know you cannot hide
You can't change now
You've left it far too late
It takes it slow within you to permeate
And when you venture off lifes golden path
This is what will read on your epitaph
BORN-LIVED-AGED-DIED-WEAK...

When Vaan died i cried
When Vaan died i died
When Vaan died
i begged When Vaan died
for death...
©June2009

dradeel 21-06-2009 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 385654)
I've taken your advice and upped the bass a wee bit.

Ah, now it's nuch better! Dear I say perfect? :D

Offtop:
You know ... uhm ... I really don't wanna dissect your song here, and this is not a critique or advice or anything... -the extra bass was all I wanted, and I love the song really! - ...it's just one thing that made me curious; how it would sound without the drums, but only the hihat going (perhaps with snare drum as well, but I'd like to hear both) :cool: I'm imagining it would sound like a soundtrack to planet Arrakis ;)

AshMcAuliffe 21-06-2009 11:24

Perfect? Yay!! :D I can celebrate extra today. =)
I've uploaded a version just with the percussion and no dance kick or drum kit. It's eerie.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6166295067dceb59/

dradeel 21-06-2009 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 385682)
I've uploaded a version just with the percussion and no dance kick or drum kit. It's eerie.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6166295067dceb59/

Thank you! :D That sounded sooooo Dune 2-ish I almost got a tear in my eye. It was nice. Hehehe.

AshMcAuliffe 21-06-2009 20:16

Yay! so i takes you like the song? 8 songs for the new CD. i'm aiming for 11? :)

ghixide_2136 22-06-2009 01:25

wow... u r a super great... i like all of them :D

AshMcAuliffe 23-06-2009 11:12

thank you so much. I've defo developed i think over the past 6 years. I think i need to relax more in able to continue making music. Lyrics are becoming a very important part of my work again. I want to make some more powerful lyrics!

dradeel 23-06-2009 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 385691)
Yay! so i takes you like the song? 8 songs for the new CD. i'm aiming for 11?

Yes, I like a lot! :) 11? What do you think the length of the album will end up on?

AshMcAuliffe 24-06-2009 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dradeel (Post 385718)
Yes, I like a lot! :) 11? What do you think the length of the album will end up on?

Roughly 35-40 mins. Hoping it will be nearer to 40 mins. I felt a bit shoddy with my last CD with it only being just over 20 mins long. I think i'm making up for it now though with this CD. I have 5 songs in the works and who knows if i decide to use any of them though one sounds pretty good
i'm also reworking an old song called Resurrection and using the recorded version but putting some electronic beats over the top. We will see how that goes.
As always you will get to hear first =) =)

AshMcAuliffe 30-06-2009 18:38

i had a weird dream last night that i was a dance DJ. it freaked me out!!! :)

AshMcAuliffe 03-07-2009 16:41

Click the link below... and click ILike (if you want to that is) :D
http://www.ilike.com/artist/AshMcAuliffe

AshMcAuliffe 04-07-2009 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dradeel (Post 385657)
make... ebm :laugh:

coming up full throttle on the new song dude!! FULL ON! :D

AshMcAuliffe 07-07-2009 20:43

New Song. "Fractured"
Finished Today.

AshMcAuliffe 10-07-2009 17:59

Ok.
So i have decided to change the name of the album and the titles of the tracks. The reason being is that i came to feeling that the original titles were far too impersonal and confusing.
The album is going to be called "Dark City" and the names of some of the finished tracks are as follows -

*Fragile State of Mind
*Hall of Mirrors
*In The Future
*Crystalline
*Operate
*Dark City
*In Flux
*Sirius (Alternate Version)
*Fractured
*Dead End

Your thoughts and opinions are always welcome. =)
If there is anyone who would be like to design the album cover please get in touch with me too. =)

AshMcAuliffe 18-07-2009 18:54

I want QueenBee to do a small spoken part on one of my new songs! :)

QueenBee 19-07-2009 15:35

I just spoke to her and she's too embarrassed :lalala:
And her voice isn't nice! And she knows you won't trust her on that, but she wants you to :p

AshMcAuliffe 19-07-2009 16:12

aww. :(
I understand. :rose:
It would be nice to have a spoken part on one of the new songs... kind of in a similar vein to the telephone conversation at the beginning of Show Me Love... but darker of course :p