Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Julia Volkova (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Yulia Volkova Solo Project (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=12453)

QueenBee 01-04-2009 01:17

I love Yulia's voice and I like it more than Lena's, but I don't think Yulia can "control" it really, maybe if she got vocal lessons? Anyway, it's no secret that she has had problems with her voice. I wouldn't consider any of them real singers anyway - more like performers. I mean, you can't really compare them to people who are vocally gifted.

Khartoun2004 01-04-2009 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenBee (Post 382490)
I love Yulia's voice and I like it more than Lena's, but I don't think Yulia can "control" it really, maybe if she got vocal lessons? Anyway, it's no secret that she has had problems with her voice. I wouldn't consider any of them real singers anyway - more like performers. I mean, you can't really compare them to people who are vocally gifted.

I'm not sure Yulia's lack of control is because of a lack of vocal training. I think that all that screaming over the years plus her throat problems has seriously changed her voice and she's probably still getting used to it. It's difficult to control your voice when it suddenly shifts on you (talking from experience ;)). I think she just needs to chill for a bit and practice and really figure out what works well for her now, and what doesn't.

But you are certainly right that those two are no Mariah Carey's or Madonna's. ;)

QueenBee 01-04-2009 05:40

Khartoun2004, hehe you are right :D I have zero knowledge on the subject, I just assumed that maybe if she got some type of vocal training, she could learn to use her voice the way it is now, and make the best out of it I guess.

But you certainly don't need to be a magnificent singer in order to be successful these days.

Endri 01-04-2009 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulder (Post 382485)
Are you saying they've faked Yulia's voice for the last however many years?

At least in 200Km/H in the wrong lane, yes. Listen to NGGU. She never could sing it live.

AshMcAuliffe 01-04-2009 14:05

they have a marvellous program that autotunes recorded vocals so if a singer cannot hit certain notes the program rectifies that...

RowerB 01-04-2009 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoff (Post 382486)
Accept it guys,Lena is the one whose voice is better,who sings better in studio and especially live.It's not an opinion,it's a fact:p

Seeing that this is the first of April, I’m not sure if that was a serious comment, but in case it was if you want definitive proof as to who sings the beat, just listen to Nichya, live or studio.

fanoff 01-04-2009 17:47

I was serious :S Yulia sounds harsh live even in a simple song like AAU.Lena has total control of her voice and performs much better than Yulia.It's not that I hate Yulia's voice,I think it was unique at the time.

mulder 01-04-2009 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endri (Post 382516)
At least in 200Km/H in the wrong lane, yes. Listen to NGGU. She never could sing it live.

So when you wrote
Quote:

That wasn't Yulia's real voice
you actually meant "there was one occasion on the second song they recorded back in 2001 when they autotuned Yulia's voice to a pitch that could not be reproduced live, which was not a problem anyway because they lipsynced all their songs back then".

In which case, I agree with you :)

Argos 01-04-2009 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowerB (Post 382522)
Seeing that this is the first of April, I’m not sure if that was a serious comment...

For quite a while I'm not even sure whether some comments have something to do with calendar dates, but anyway - quite amusing when people state that Yulya can't sing in tune and at the same time sooo heavily uses autotune. Maybe a decision - either this or that - would slightly improve the credibility of their expert knowledge about Yul's singing qualities. :p

Yulya has health problems with her vocal chords and throat, that's for sure, how much it influences her abilities to sing has never been clearly documented. No doubt, it's much easier for Lena to do her job than for Yulya. Nevertheless neither on the last album nor on live concerts she could convince me that she is the better artist. Both have their strong sides and some weak points which they can (even have to) improve.

While Yulya certainly can make choices and decide for her artistical future independently, Lena will have to prove that she can do it too and not just be 'tatu - 1'.

dano_tatu 03-04-2009 06:41

I do believe Yulia's scream in NND is real, maybe autotune but in a normal/every record that is produced need it. I think that in fact all these screams where the cause of the cyst problems she had later, a lot of people seem to forget that for a while back then there was a big fear that Yulia would actually lose her singing voice, do you all remember all that Shapovalov shit on ANATOMYA about an artist giving all till there's nothing sort of thing?

I'm glad that she still can sing nowadays, it's not like before of course, but there's still this uniqueness about her voice that I really really like.

little_polar_bear 01-05-2009 23:12

So, not just to make us read @ ru, a fan has reported that Yulia was seen in L.A. last week (at a club where also Sven and Lena were) and Argos mentioned that her plans are to stay there for two weeks together with Parviz.
At the fan meeting in March she wasn't sure if she was in Moscow around the Eurovision Song Contest (16th of May), so this trip might have been planned a while already since she might have to arrange working and moving issues.

MalchikGeiBrand 02-05-2009 00:32

^ Thanks for the info!

I think Yulia's screaming in NND sounded more natural than her screaming in NGGU.
The NGGU screaming has special effects and filters allll over it. Probably because her voice was maturing and she couldn't sing with the same qualities as NND.
I know I'm a few weeks late on the subject, but I like talking about these things. :p
And about their singing; I do think they can sing but they're nothing amazing. But I do like their voices, they're unique and they can sound nice enough every once in a while.

Raygwen 02-05-2009 06:47

Don't worry everyone Like Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussy Cat Dolls when the solo project falls apart she (Yulia) be back with Lena of tATu the USA is a tough market to break.

tatu97 05-05-2009 17:02

It does seem like Yulia's voice was manipulated ALOT in 200 k/m Per Hour and every song after that her voice has been very raspy. It does have to do with her maturing.

There's this video of Yulia trying to hit the notes and she is nearly on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nm69xgIEeE

Its the only time I've ever heard her sing it live. At 1:32 you faintly hear her try to hit the highest note and not a sound comes out.

If Britney can be one of the most well known singers ever and never sing live I don't think its impossible for Yulia to break into the market. I just don't think shes a strong singer anymore.

volk1 07-05-2009 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatu97 (Post 384097)
It does seem like Yulia's voice was manipulated ALOT in 200 k/m Per Hour and every song after that her voice has been very raspy. It does have to do with her maturing.

There's this video of Yulia trying to hit the notes and she is nearly on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nm69xgIEeE

Its the only time I've ever heard her sing it live. At 1:32 you faintly hear her try to hit the highest note and not a sound comes out.

If Britney can be one of the most well known singers ever and never sing live I don't think its impossible for Yulia to break into the market. I just don't think shes a strong singer anymore.

You can hardly hear their actual voices in that video. It's all just the Not Gonna Get Us track over them singing, and their voices are very very very quiet. I fyou listen closely you can pick up their actual voices all the way through the song.

EsseAmaAquele 27-06-2009 21:17

news? nothing oficial about yulia s solo project!

Utada 28-06-2009 07:00

Well, as a male coloratura soprano, I have a good clue about Yulias tessitura. NND was recorded when she was young. Her vocal chords probably did a ton of straining. Ivan most likely had no clue. Did she take therapy? My music teacher tells us that warm ups are essential. In her screams, did she need to go into head voice? Seems like she did, but she strained ! Obviously, some songs weren't within her natural tessitura, and messed up her VCs, but the songs rock! my 2¢

FiorE 28-06-2009 18:25

something tells me that yulia`s album will take forever! regarding she wants to do all by herself :/

Utada 28-06-2009 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiorE (Post 385838)
something tells me that yulia`s album will take forever! regarding she wants to do all by herself :/

True!:D

obez17 29-06-2009 19:26

To be honest, I'm not even thinking about Yulia's album. First and foremost I want the English version of Happy Smiles which we've been deprived from for way too long, then not long after Lena's album. Then coming off that happiness I hope Yulia's album will be waiting (sometime in 2010). I hope next year will be a very... ex-t.A.T.u.ish year!