Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Sports and Entertainment (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Eurovision 2009 (Russia) (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=12301)

fanoff 13-01-2009 20:00

Thanks guys,I needed them.

mulder 31-01-2009 22:31

The UK has chosen it's song - Jade Ewen singing "My Time". Lyrics by Diane Warren and music by Andrew Llloyd Webber.

Watch it here.

Argos 31-01-2009 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulder (Post 380234)
The UK has chosen it's song - Jade Ewen singing "My Time". Lyrics by Diane Warren and music by Andrew Llloyd Webber.

Watch it here.

Hmmm, did they think about the voters? Most of the voters of the 80's are in the grave now. Well, to die beautifully is still dying...:rolleyes:

mulder 01-02-2009 00:35

Apparently this is our attempt at sending a serious contender, as opposed to the joke songs we've sent for the last few years. Hard to tell isn't it? :bum:

If this is the best Diane Warren can come up with, it's probably time for her to retire and live off the royalties of her previous songs.

Still, it's nice for everyone else to know that last place has been sorted out so far in advance ;)

fanoff 01-02-2009 12:26

I like it.

teeny 01-02-2009 14:30

The danish entry this year
Brinck - Believe Again

Winkie 01-02-2009 16:06

Haha we are sending de toppers? Oh my god. We're so gonna lose cuz they suck. Hell, 95% of holland hates 'em because they think they're so great while they're just stupid, attentioncraving, and tiring.
Good luck to everyone who's gonna watch. You'll need it.

fanoff 01-02-2009 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeny (Post 380264)
The danish entry this year
Brinck - Believe Again

Me likes it.Sounds like Backstreet Boys' Just Want You To Know.

Talyubittu 01-02-2009 20:27

I like the U.K. song, but not Jade Ewen. Her voice struggles a lot in the song. She sounds like some average pop singer trying to be Whitney Houston. She goes off pitch a lot, and sounds like she's struggling to breathe and be able to hit high notes.

Argos 01-02-2009 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyubittu (Post 380275)
She sounds like some average pop singer trying to be Whitney Houston. She goes off pitch a lot...

She doesn't use autotune like Whitney. :D

AshMcAuliffe 01-02-2009 20:45

I'm not impressed by Jade... and neither am i by the song.
If the UK does well it will only be because it has Andrew Lloyd Webber's and Diane Warren's names on it... not because it's a good song.
I look forward to the pointing and laughing at the UK yet again come May

fanoff 02-02-2009 00:48

France has well-known Patricia Kaas representing them and her beautiful song is unconfirmedly announced.2009 goes great.UK,Denmark and now this!Just unbelievable!

S'il fallait le faire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I176aL2dTUw

mulder 02-02-2009 00:50

Jade is a karaoke singer doing a show tune. If she has a lot of vocal coaching between now and May, she may be competent enough to provide an adequate performance for the UK.

In ye olden days (the early 60's) we could get a well known singer to represent us (Cliff Richard, Sandie Shaw or Lulu), but these days no known singer or band in their right mind would represent the UK in the same way as Tatu, Ruslana or Lordi. It would be the kiss of death to their careers.

So we end up with complete unknowns picked by phone vote who will return to their obscure jobs as bin man or shelf stacker by the end of the year, unless they get reallly lucky and end up singing on a cruise ship.

thegurgi 02-02-2009 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulder (Post 380281)
In ye olden days (the early 60's) we could get a well known singer to represent us (Cliff Richard, Sandie Shaw or Lulu), but these days no known singer or band in their right mind would represent the UK in the same way as Tatu, Ruslana or Lordi.

to me this is a sad motion, i listen to a lot of british music and i frankly prefer uk music to us music. and it's shame that the uk can't manage to send even more of their less well known (but good) acts to represent them in eurovision cause there's so much, in my opinion, potential, musically, in the uk.

GooZe 02-02-2009 22:15

Finland's entry:

Waldo's People - Lose Control
The music video for Lose Control

xmad 02-02-2009 22:48

Turkey has a great song: I like it alot. "Good luck Turkey"

fanoff 02-02-2009 22:58

Offtop:
xmad,long time no see?how are you doing?

xmad 02-02-2009 23:17

Offtop:
fanoff,yeah it's been a long time that I didn visit this site. its nice to see that u still remember me.

GooZe 05-02-2009 14:46

Very good entries this year!

Turkey has a good one!

And... I'm also glad that our entry doesn't sing in Finnish!
I think most foreigners don't like what Finnish sounds like... :gigi:

dradeel 25-02-2009 10:06

This weekend were the norwegian eurovision finals, and our winner and contribution for the european finals in Moscow is:
Alexander Rybak - Fairytale

There's been a frenzy in the newspapers and magazines about how amazing this fellow is, and of course everyone are speculating about how he's likely to win. It's always like that everytime someone with a pretty face wins over here... Everyone gets such unecessary high hopes *sigh* Hehehe. But I'll admit, the song is dangerously catchy. I didn't hear any of the alternatives this year, so I couldn't say if this was in my opinion the best one, but it's not a bad one anyways. I'm looking forward to how it'll do :)