Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Sports and Entertainment (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lady GaGa (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=12421)

FormKnownAs 17-03-2010 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khartoun2004 (Post 392552)
That's nice and all, but you are still missing the point, or are perhaps to young to figure out what the point is... In American TV Shows during the 1980's product placement was all the rage.... She's not doing it to make money. She's doing it to pay homage to Pop Culture's past.

So no, I'm sure you probably do understand pop culture from the present. But obviously, you're lacking the background to know why the "product placement" in Telephone is so fucking hysterical.

Girlie, or do you prefer to be called, dude (this is not to be offensive really genuinely asking) ... I am i my 30s and so when you say that I am young I laugh ... there is nothing 'hysterical' about it.... listen, i give it to gaga, she has some brilliant ideas, is an amazing performer, just.... she might've already crossed in the very very VERY WACK place.... all i said is that i expected MORE from all this hype about the video- that's it. now go read more about the 80s, cause I am pretty sure you have no memories from back then :heh:

Talyubittu 17-03-2010 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392559)
Girlie, or do you prefer to be called, dude (this is not to be offensive really genuinely asking) ... I am i my 30s and so when you say that I am young I laugh ... there is nothing 'hysterical' about it.... listen, i give it to gaga, she has some brilliant ideas, is an amazing performer, just.... she might've already crossed in the very very VERY WACK place.... all i said is that i expected MORE from all this hype about the video- that's it. now go read more about the 80s, cause I am pretty sure you have no memories from back then :heh:

The fact that we don't have memories of the 80's has little relevance. Half of what GaGa is inspired by and re-creates, such as the product placement, comes from the 60's - she wasn't around then. Just because she's becoming a bit more freaky doesn't mean she's "WACK". She's not coked out, or falling around at night clubs. She works hard.

Khartoun2004 17-03-2010 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392559)
Girlie, or do you prefer to be called, dude (this is not to be offensive really genuinely asking)

Seriously? There is no way that entire sentence isn't offensive. What does the bar to the left say under my profile name? MALE... Go educate yourself.

Quote:

I am i my 30s and so when you say that I am young I laugh ... there is nothing 'hysterical' about it.... listen, i give it to gaga, she has some brilliant ideas, is an amazing performer, just.... she might've already crossed in the very very VERY WACK place.... all i said is that i expected MORE from all this hype about the video- that's it. now go read more about the 80s, cause I am pretty sure you have no memories from back then :heh:
I'm sorry if you're offended that I thought you were 16 or something. You don't act like any 30+ year old I know in real life or on this forum. My mistake.

And Yes, actually I do remember stuff from the 80's, I was born in 1986. The bar to the left also has my age listed. I'll be 24 in June. I remember watching the Berlin Wall Fall on tv, that was November 9, 1989. I remember watching the 1988 Calgary Olympic Games. I remember when Bush ( the first one) was sworn into office. My parents wouldn't talk to each other for days. I saw Batman in the theater with my brother.... I remember quite a bit.

My memory is far above average, and unlike most children I've been watching the news every night since I was 2.

manatsu103 17-03-2010 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyubittu (Post 392563)
I'll be 24 in June. .

Really? I thought you were like 19 or 20.

Argos 17-03-2010 20:12

FormKnownAs, Khartoun2004:
I'm not pleased how you communicate with each other. Stay on topic and refrain from stating your 'opinions' about the other's sex, age, maturity etc. FormKnownAs in particular - may I remind you our forum rules. I know them and I will execute them, if necessary. (As a side note: I'm quite nitpicking about respect toward other forum members). Ok, that's it. Thank you for your attention!

On topic now:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyubittu
I can't convince you of something you refuse to believe. If you'd honestly look at the video and try to understand it versus calling it bland, you'd get it.

I guess I owe you an answer. I'm way too long on this rotten planet that I buy everything without checking. The statement alone about 'commentary of American culture' is by far not enough for me. I'll not waste my time to prove whether that remark is a liturgical chanting of Gaga's official forum or your own understanding, but for me it's the most dead-chewed bubble gum, because almost every artistical product contains in some way a comment on culture and society unless it's not exclusively labeled as 'For Idiots Only'.

Don't think because for you it's obvious, that people on the other side of the Big Pond see it as well. For example, I won't assume that you are aware that Johnny Weissmueller in his Tarzan movies regularly comments on Austrian folk music, something pretty obvious for every Austrian like me. So, if you want to convince me of Gaga's hommage for (past) American culture, you ought to be more specific, preferrably with examples. I don't see - I don't buy.

Talyubittu 17-03-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by manatsu103 (Post 392564)
Really? I thought you were like 19 or 20.

Uhm. That's not my quote.

taturocks8 19-03-2010 08:23

She Seems to be a fantastic preformer and very creative I like her.

http://getmusic.com.au/ladygaga/videos

Can anyone here rip the telephone video please so i can download it?

MalchikGeiBrand 21-03-2010 02:41

I can't help with the video ripping, sorry. :)

Rob Fusari got butthurt producer/ex-boyfriend syndrome and sued Lady GaGa? wut.
http://www.hiphoprx.com/2010/03/20/l...s-back-photos/

Argos 21-03-2010 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by taturocks8 (Post 392590)
http://getmusic.com.au/ladygaga/videos

Can anyone here rip the telephone video please so i can download it?

Sorry, but for me the site doesn't even open the player ( :confused: ). But, if it is the same as the youtube version, then I have it in hd720 here.

AshMcAuliffe 21-03-2010 17:34

An interesting read in itself especially for you GaGa-ites.

Lady GaGa's Telephone video
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...one-video.html

Khartoun2004 21-03-2010 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 392635)
An interesting read in itself especially for you GaGa-ites.

Lady GaGa's Telephone video
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/m...one-video.html

Well that was a very thoughtful article. Thanks for that. :coctail:

Talyubittu 14-04-2010 01:51

Going to see her on August 30th in St. Paul. :)

nikki 14-04-2010 21:19

Thinking of getting the CD ! Lady Gaga has grown on me :D

coolasfcuk 01-06-2010 20:39

still cannot remember my FrmerKnown user pass, unless I am at one specific comp.... but regardless....

Working with Gaga's art director from the Bad Romance video today... and for the upcoming months... SO FUCKING exciting... i really like that video.... :D

Talyubittu 02-06-2010 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasfcuk (Post 393193)
still cannot remember my FrmerKnown user pass, unless I am at one specific comp.... but regardless....

Working with Gaga's art director from the Bad Romance video today... and for the upcoming months... SO FUCKING exciting... i really like that video.... :D

Bad Romance was artistically designed by the Haus. Are you referring to someone specific from it or the film director Francis Lawrence? Either way, exciting!

coolasfcuk 02-06-2010 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talyubittu (Post 393196)
Bad Romance was artistically designed by the Haus. Are you referring to someone specific from it or the film director Francis Lawrence? Either way, exciting!

Im talking about charles infante.... More specifically, he was the production designer... Really cool guy... Full of ideas and smart! Cant wait to see what we come up with on the project we're currently working on :D

fanoff 08-06-2010 17:28

http://www.youtube.com/user/ladygagavevo?blend=3&ob=4

Video of Alejandro.

obez17 08-06-2010 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoff (Post 393289)

bOrInG. random images strewn together doesn't make me happy. at least telephone had a storyline. this is just dumb. i liked some of the images, but it doesn't look finished. :( oh well, they can't all be good.

sakuya 08-06-2010 23:25

Madonna vs Marilyn Manson style vid. And whats up with her music video runtime? I mean, 8 min is too much for that video.

MalchikGeiBrand 09-06-2010 03:19

All that was really added was just more "ALE-ALEJANDRO ALEALEALEALEALEALEALEALEALEALEALEALEALEJANDRO fernando". The length kind of threw me off 'cause it made me think there would have been some sort of direct-story or something.
It seemed like 8 minutes of flamboyant men in army fashion and bowl haircuts. As if a man from Mexico decided to remake a homoerotic edition of "The Exorcist" and he could only afford all the local Asian moms for hair stylists. Not that it's a bad thing.

I'm not sure how I feel about the video. It has a nice artistic look to it and a pretty interesting concept. It has that creepy, bizarre feel, which I like. But the video doesn't seem like anything I'd repeatedly watch again. I'm fine with my West Side Story mental imagery while listening to it on my MP3 player, instead...

It won't be my favorite video, but it at least helps GaGa live up to her image. And I'm almost sure this may be one of the first times she has worn pants since she transformed into Lady GaGa, too. :p