Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Media Lies

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 29-11-2005, 00:20   #1
Nobody

Media Lies

When was the last time you heard information from the media that you later found out was untrue? What was the information about and what was your reaction?
Old 29-11-2005, 00:35   #2
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
The Iraq War... Yeah Weapons of Mass Destruction my ASS!

Not only were the American public lied to about WMD, but we were also lied to about Iraq's connection to Al-Qaida. We were lied to about the amount time troops would be in Iraq. The list can go on.

Not to mention every time someone from the Bush Administration makes a public announcment that is aired on TV or covered in the papers.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 29-11-2005, 01:56   #3
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
this could be a bloody mess of a thread. the media in the US is severely botched in that it is very liberal, very headline oriented, and horribly skewed. whether i have experienced untrue information is something i don't particularly recall. the media is clever to share what it wants and ignore what it wants as secrets. actually, one thing comes to mind, when Bush (duh) made that whole "mission in Iraq is complete" ploy, the truth of it all is that the "mission" was not complete. i mean, our troops were still in Iraq. the interim government was slow to complete the constitution and no one did much for awhile. anyway, that is the first thing that came to mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 29-11-2005, 05:48   #4
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
this could be a bloody mess of a thread. the media in the US is severely botched in that it is very liberal, very headline oriented, and horribly skewed.

I'm sorry but when you say liberal; do you mean liberal in the media's use of headlines or do you mean the media's liberal idealogy?

If it is the latter then I respectfully disagree.
Old 29-11-2005, 06:00   #5
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
oh, of course media's USE of headlines, and certainly not media's use of liberal ideology. the media doesn't use or misuse liberal ideology. i was purely referring to media's use of headlines. the media in the US is liberal because of how it manipulates news. that is, which headlines appear and how the media uses news.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 29-11-2005, 21:28   #6
**?!**

Unfortunately sometimes media has to lie specially when it's about politic.
I've heard alot.One of them was about 6 or 7 years ago, those days I was studying at my prevoius university.So many students were killed by the regime and etc.......But the regime denied everything,as always.
What would your reaction be when you were not allowed to do anything??
Old 29-11-2005, 23:46   #7
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I don't know if you mean information where the media themselves were given skewed info, which they weren't aware was skewed, or instances where media knew the whole truth behind the story, but still published bad info just because they were told to do so by higher command.

In the case of the first scenario - I can tolerate the media being wrong in some instances. You can't know everything, right? I'm absolutely certain the media didn't know in advance about the non-existance of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They were just given false info and went by it.

Of course it goes without saying that when the media is being dictated what to say in a blatant censorship all bets are off.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
ReplyPost New Thread