Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Reincarnation

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 22:00   #1
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Reincarnation

One thing, that's been bugging me for a while. If we get reincarnated and remember nothing from out previous life... what makes that new life "us" still? I mean, what makes me, as me? I'm a combination of my memories and my life lessons. That's the essence of my soul. If you take that away from me, you're left with NOTHING. And that's exactly what you'd get by reincarnation. If you strip me of my memories and emotions I went through in this life it just wouldn't be me anymore. It'd be a new person, who'd have nothing to do with me anymore.

Also... those theories that you can be reincarnated as an animal, or a plant, or something. Reincarnation is supposed to be a learning curve, right? But would that still be the case while you're inside a body of a primitive animal, like a dinosaur, who has brains the size of a wall-nut? You basically lose your free-will do choose between bad and good, since you're guided by instincts and survival alone. Wouldn't that make reincarnation rather pointless? The situation would get even more ridiculous if you'd get reicarnated as a tree.

Don't get me wrong, I have no definite answers, and I don't want to preach to anyone, or step on anyone's beliefs. I'm just wondering about the big picture of it all. The reasoning behind it (if it exists).
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 03-03-2005, 22:59   #2
Santa's bodyguard

Weeeeeeeell, it depends on how you look at it really. You can say that every living organism has a soul and once it dies sould goes on to live in next living form. But wouldn't that require constant number of living organisms? No drop, no rise. Which would be tricky as number of organisms changed dring evolution of life.

OTOH if you say that only humans have souls then there had to be spare souls when there were less of us. And still have to be spare souls when there will be more of us than now. But I guess when there was 1 bn of us then at least 5 bn souls floated around with thumbs up thier butts waiting for enough fresh bodies to move to. Unless there is finite number of souls and once we pass that number people will be born without souls. Unless of course we are already past that point and these soulless creatures are in fact bodies of bureaucrats. Anyway.......

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 04-03-2005, 00:54   #3
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
The lack of souls to fIll all the empty slots can be easily be explained once you start thinking BIG. Just imagine how many souls it takes to satisfy the whole universe in case out galaxy (and billions of other galaxies) are literaly full of life? It'd take an infinite amount almost and finding 5 billion to satisfy the needs of some obscure planet on the edge of our Galaxy should be a piece of cake. Among billions of billions of souls that'd take to "populate" the whole Universe. And in the eternal master-plan it just might as well all be ballanced.. for instance: there's a nuklear disaster on some other distant planet in our galaxy and suddenly you're left with a bunch of unemployed souls in the 2000 years Earth's population grew to 5 billion a bunch of those could move to our solar system for the time being... and so on... in the eternal cycle.

My basic question is still what is LEFT of us, since we're stripped of out memories. Our consciouness is effectively dead, from our perspective, since we consciouslly cease to exist. Or maybe there's a higher consciouness that binds all the past lives together... or maybe something completely different... this is too much for my pathetic human brain to comprehend.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:08   #4
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
if u want u can think of it scientifically...if that's even possible. I know its been argued from that perspective before tho...

Energy in any form whether its from a car or from a total universal perspective can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be redistrobuted. There's a constant state of energy all the time. If we are energy...which essentially we are. When energy is taken away in the form of death or whatever it can't just dissapear its redistributed. In that sense reincarnation exists, coz the energy that was once yours is now put into something else.

All that crap about people remembering past lives is a bunch of mad people trying to find excuses for the chemical imbalances in their brains
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 04-03-2005, 09:00   #5
Sad Little Monkey

Okay, but you can't look at it from energy being a constant kind of way way. The energy that we create is just the energy we get from environment which we cleaverly manipulate to suit our body's purpose. So the energy always was and always will be there. We just redistribute it to make it a part of ourselves. But I wonder if it's something mor than that somewhere, somehow. Cause the sheer idea of reicarnation would imply that it is. You have to look at it from a different viewpoint, though... physical laws familiar to us only work within this reality and this universe, while even science seems to suggests that the idea of infinite number of paralel universes is likely. Our percieved reality is very limiting. Laws of thermodynamics and 4 basic forces that bind our own universe together could be completely rewritten in another paralel universe, while still following teh basic blueprint of nature. So we're not talking about a world where EVERYTHING is possible. Just a world where different principles of physics apply.
~~~~~~~~~~~

ReplyPost New Thread