Unofficial site of group TATU


Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science


USA - General discussion (Part 2)


ReplyPost New Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2007, 17:08   #1
Amy_Lee_Rocks Amy_Lee_Rocks is offline
Fear is only in our minds
 
Amy_Lee_Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Under My Umbrella
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,001

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
USA - General discussion (Part 1)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
His first language is English. He is from America as well.
Nope, My first language is Spanish.
And im not from America. Im from Mexico living in America.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set

Last edited by haku; 29-01-2007 at 01:02.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 22:26   #2
Talyubittu Talyubittu is offline
Can You See Them Now?
 
Talyubittu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,057

You were born in America and live in America and speak English as well as anyone else in America. At least you have said you were born in America and Speak it that is. Anyways. I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my statements but it does upset me when people make Americans sound like they think they're superior for loving their country. There is a difference between supporting you're country and government and agreeing with them. I support America becuase it is my home, I don't agree with the choices made by the government but just because I do support them dosen't mean I am a bad person. Thats all my point was.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:12   #3
Amy_Lee_Rocks Amy_Lee_Rocks is offline
Fear is only in our minds
 
Amy_Lee_Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Under My Umbrella
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,001

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
You were born in America and live in America and speak English as well as anyone else in America. At least you have said you were born in America and Speak it that is. Anyways. I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my statements but it does upset me when people make Americans sound like they think they're superior for loving their country. There is a difference between supporting you're country and government and agreeing with them. I support America becuase it is my home, I don't agree with the choices made by the government but just because I do support them dosen't mean I am a bad person. Thats all my point was.

I never said i was born in America. I dont know where you got that from, I've always said i was born in Mexico.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:35   #4
Talyubittu Talyubittu is offline
Can You See Them Now?
 
Talyubittu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,057

This is completely irrelevant. I stated numerous times when we debated about your legal status as a citizen in America. You told me that you were born in America in Texas and that you grew up speaking English. Even if that isn't the case, you've lived in America for a LONG number of years, and you are fluent in the language.
  Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2007, 23:53   #5
Amy_Lee_Rocks Amy_Lee_Rocks is offline
Fear is only in our minds
 
Amy_Lee_Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Under My Umbrella
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,001

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
I never said i was born in Texas, i still dont know how you got that. Besides i dont have to be born in the U.S to have a legal status. And I never told you I grew up speaking English, I didnt start speaking English till I was in the 6th grade because I've always been in ESL classes before. And even in that particular case come on, Its Texas, where most of the population only speaks spanish, its all over the place. Heck there are even stores that have nothing but spanish. Yes I've been here for a Long number of years, but its not the same growing up learning English as growing up already knowing english. Both of your parents are English speakers, my parents didnt know English, they had to learn it to have their business.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 00:57   #6
forre forre is offline
Primetime Anchor
 
forre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden/France
Age: 47
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,926

Send a message via ICQ to forre
Thinking of going to the States to check if the things are as bad as some of you say.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
My Roland Garros gallery | Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 02:41   #7
Amy_Lee_Rocks Amy_Lee_Rocks is offline
Fear is only in our minds
 
Amy_Lee_Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Under My Umbrella
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,001

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
1. Most of the texas population speaks English, followed by Spanish and Vietnamese/Taiwanese. "most" of the population, does not speak Spanish only.

2. It is illegal to run a business in the United States that does not cummunicate in English.

3. If you moved to the USA in 6th grade then I find that hardly impossible that you learned English then. For one - in order to even get a green card a backlog of nearly 5-7 years is usual for waiting for it. So unless you were an illegal immigrant at the time you joined the school, somthing quite fishy is going on. Not to mention - you're parents could not own a business until they were actual citizens, a green card only grants them the right to work and wages, they are not allowed to run their own business that I am aware of by united states law. So that would have been another six years for them waiting to get their actual naturalization papers and everything finnished and accepted into America as an actual citizen, so we are looking at about 12 years here, right? So if I'm correct, you would just now be an American citizen, and you're parents would have been participating in the owning of an illegal business? And even still the fact of the matter is you claim to have taken AP Government, you claim to have lived in the USA for 6 years prior to now, and you still have managed to spell the word "IRAQ" correctly, a term highly popular in the media since 2003, and widely popular in a AP Government class, you had no clue who Saddam Hussein was or anything else involving this country, which leads me to think this statement is as false as your last one.

On the numerous occasions that I have talked to you, your mother has been a caterer to the national government, a teacher and now she seems to own a business. It's clear you decided to open up notepad and forge a story for yourself, however with no clear talent for leiing you've failed to pass anything believeable by me.

Oh and by the way. If your mother was indeed a teacher, then why on Earth did she not speak English? I was under the impression you had to be fluent in this countries mother tongue to work in a government facility?.....Hmm. Who knows?




Forre - Trust me, it's not. Like I said, foreign news networks make life in America seem much more harsh than it actually is. There's nothing horrible about our country besides all the overweight people.

First of all..you didnt read right..
Second, I live in Texas, i know what is happening here ok..most of the population speaks spanish, and yes they also speak other languages.
Third "my parents didnt know English, they had to learn it to have their business" I said THEY HAD TO LEARN ENGLISH!!!. Meaning they learned it in order to run their business
Fourth, I moved here to the U.S when i was 4..incase you dont know what ESL means..its English as a Second Language, i was learning it. Meaning i was in classes that spoke spanish to me most of the time. Its not very hard to become a citizen, specially when you have a family member whose is already a citizen. My dad moved to the U.S way before my sister, mom and I moved here. He was already a citizen and married to my mom. We decided to leave our country to be with my father, and open up a business. My father was able to since he has been here alot longer than my sister, my mother, and I. I seriously dont know how you got "Teacher". I told you back in Mexico she was a nurse..by the way Catering is a business.
To make things shorter and more understandable, My dad has been going in and out of the U.S alot, before my mother had me he was in the U.S already a citizen. We moved to the U.S Huston first then moved to DFW 1 month later. Where they decided to have their own business And you're still with the "Iraq" thing? like i said before, i spell it however i feel like it..ok

PS: I've lived in the U.S for 14 years
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 22:17   #8
PowerPuff Grrl PowerPuff Grrl is offline
The Dream is Over, :~(
 
PowerPuff Grrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 682

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
Thinking of going to the States to check if the things are as bad as some of you say.
It isn't, on the contrary it is quite a great place to be with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. How great, or how nice depends on where in the States you end up. (IMHO, stay the hell away from Pennsylvania).

The only thing that got to me when visiting there is noticing that racial segregation is still alive and kicking.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 22:23   #9
Amy_Lee_Rocks Amy_Lee_Rocks is offline
Fear is only in our minds
 
Amy_Lee_Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Under My Umbrella
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,001

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
It isn't, on the contrary it is quite a great place to be with some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. How great, or how nice depends on where in the States you end up. (IMHO, stay the hell away from Pennsylvania).

The only thing that got to me when visiting there is noticing that racial segregation is still alive and kicking.
Yup, thats true. Some Mexicans can be assholes, just like whites and blacks. Most whites are very nice, and very respectfull, if you go to an all Mexican/Black (lower class) place dont be surprised if you get shot at, well at least here arroud where I live. Some places its very peacefull, calm, and enjoyable ^-^
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
  Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 22:28   #10
Talyubittu Talyubittu is offline
Can You See Them Now?
 
Talyubittu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_Lee_Rocks View Post
Yup, thats true. Some Mexicans can be assholes, just like whites and blacks. Most whites are very nice, and very respectfull, if you go to an all Mexican/Black (lower class) place dont be surprised if you get shot at, well at least here arroud where I live. Some places its very peacefull, calm, and enjoyable ^-^

That comment itself was racial segregation.



I've lived in big cities and I'm not sure what you meant by it powerpuff. Could you elaborate so I understand a bit more?
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 01:10   #11
Amy_Lee_Rocks Amy_Lee_Rocks is offline
Fear is only in our minds
 
Amy_Lee_Rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Under My Umbrella
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,001

Send a message via MSN to Amy_Lee_Rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
That comment itself was racial segregation.



I've lived in big cities and I'm not sure what you meant by it powerpuff. Could you elaborate so I understand a bit more?
How is it racial segregation if its true, im not saying it in sarcasm or anything. I have nothing against my own race or blacks, some of my friends are black and they will tell you the same thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cause you're my rock star in between the set
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 02:02   #12
coolasfcuk coolasfcuk is offline
Bitchka
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 5,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre View Post
Thinking of going to the States to check if the things are as bad as some of you say.
when are you coming? come visit MEEEE

this is so fucking ridiculous - how many times do we have to say that being in different states in america is like being in a different country!
and please, stop presenting South Dakota as something great - i am sorry, but for the main part it is a big, steaming, pile of SHIT! and i am saying that from personal experience, i am probably the only other person here that has actually been there
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 06:33   #13
Khartoun2004 Khartoun2004 is offline
Gaga ftw!
 
Khartoun2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Providence, RI USA
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,810

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
when are you coming? come visit MEEEE

this is so fucking ridiculous - how many times do we have to say that being in different states in america is like being in a different country!
and please, stop presenting South Dakota as something great - i am sorry, but for the main part it is a big, steaming, pile of SHIT! and i am saying that from personal experience, i am probably the only other person here that has actually been there
Cools... You effing Rock!! I'd give you rep points, but I can't at the moment... but they are definitely on the way to you
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 14:33   #14
nath nath is offline
Участник
 
nath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Paris
Age: 52
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,106

Send a message via ICQ to nath Send a message via MSN to nath Send a message via Skype™ to nath
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
when are you coming? come visit MEEEE
My coolie baby, come to join us to N.Y , the 20th of february to help me to make walk the baby Olga in the streets of New York when it will be -1° outside...if not she will stay in her hotel bedroom with the covers to the nose....she needs a slavic pulsion....Da!!

*me want to go to the Little Odessa*...da! I like gangsta
  Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 22:56   #15
coolasfcuk coolasfcuk is offline
Bitchka
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 5,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by nath View Post
My coolie baby, come to join us to N.Y , the 20th of february to help me to make walk the baby Olga in the streets of New York when it will be -1° outside...if not she will stay in her hotel bedroom with the covers to the nose....she needs a slavic pulsion....Da!!

*me want to go to the Little Odessa*...da! I like gangsta
nath, I caaaaaant! I am in school and cant take long trips (esp. because i am teaching now as well)...so come to CALIFORNIA! It is way warmer here anyway

now to talyubittu - dude, stop listing those towns becuase it is not in your favour!
lets see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
I have lived in Cleveland, Ohio and Jacksonville, Florida. Please stop writitng my biography for me.
Cleveland, Ohio is SO fucking midwest! Jacksonville, Fl, ouch - east and south east are two different things

Quote:
as well as have been to various other cities including Chicago, Minneapolis and Atlanta and Charlotte.
wow, you've been to quite the cities: Chicago, large city, but still a MIDWEST large city. Minneapolis MIDWEST city... Atlanta... south! Charlotte..WOW fucking SOUTH again! to tell you the truth, south might actually be worse that midwest, so shhhhhh

Quote:
So please - back off. Visiting a place is not living there. So until you reside here, keep your mouth buckled.
yes, sir! Imma goinna keem them mouths shut! but dont use that horse language at me, 'cause i aint living there with you guys and those damn horse buckles you like to wear up there http://www.bucklesofestes.com/horses.htm

Quote:
And if you are speaking from such personal experience, how about you present some if it? Where have you been, how long have you been there, have you taken every opportunity you could to experience everything offered by the region? I think not.
darling, i already feel bad enough chatting for my entertainment with a kiddie, but since i am selfish i will tell ya, i've lived in more places you can count on your fingers and toes - anywhere from communism to your god damn midwest shit to the complete oposite. oh yeah, and i have traveled plenty, lets say definitelly way more than you have.... kisses honey, just dont be such a bully, cause i bully back them ones like you! LoL
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 00:24   #16
PowerPuff Grrl PowerPuff Grrl is offline
The Dream is Over, :~(
 
PowerPuff Grrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 682

Though I can certainly understand your frustation towards the South and the Mid-West, coolasfcuk and Khartoun2004 (especially gathering from the last two presidential elections and their unfounded resentment to the "liberal elites"), I don't think it helps to disparage everybody in your country that don't reside anywhere near the coast. Especially when you are doing it to the people that vote Democrat. Just because a city isn't San Fransisco, Boston, New York or L.A. doesn't mean it can't be fun, interesting, or even cultured. In fact, anybody can have fun anywhere in the world with the help from cool locals and an imagination. Granted in the Middle-East, it would be more convenient if you were a man. Nonetheless, you don't need the figurative big glowing neon signs that point to "fun."

I had a more exciting time visiting Madison, Wisconsin (freaking Wisconsin, you cannot get more Mid-West than that) than I ever had in an ultra-blue, near-the-coast state like New Jersey. And I won't even mention Pennsylvania.

That being said, New York was awesome and New Yorkers even moreso, I hope you enjoy every bit of it nath and forre.

And Talyubittu, I find it hard to believe that you don't see any racial segregation in any of the places you have been in. Either you just don't notice it when it is there (which I can't really fault you in) or you're in complete denial. Judging from your posts, you seem like the type of person that loves their country too much to recognize any apparent faults it may harbour.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 02:01   #17
Talyubittu Talyubittu is offline
Can You See Them Now?
 
Talyubittu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,057

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
Though I can certainly understand your frustation towards the South and the Mid-West, coolasfcuk and Khartoun2004 (especially gathering from the last two presidential elections and their unfounded resentment to the "liberal elites"), I don't think it helps to disparage everybody in your country that don't reside anywhere near the coast. Especially when you are doing it to the people that vote Democrat. Just because a city isn't San Fransisco, Boston, New York or L.A. doesn't mean it can't be fun, interesting, or even cultured. In fact, anybody can have fun anywhere in the world with the help from cool locals and an imagination. Granted in the Middle-East, it would be more convenient if you were a man. Nonetheless, you don't need the figurative big glowing neon signs that point to "fun."

I had a more exciting time visiting Madison, Wisconsin (freaking Wisconsin, you cannot get more Mid-West than that) than I ever had in an ultra-blue, near-the-coast state like New Jersey. And I won't even mention Pennsylvania.

That being said, New York was awesome and New Yorkers even moreso, I hope you enjoy every bit of it nath and forre.

And Talyubittu, I find it hard to believe that you don't see any racial segregation in any of the places you have been in. Either you just don't notice it when it is there (which I can't really fault you in) or you're in complete denial. Judging from your posts, you seem like the type of person that loves their country too much to recognize any apparent faults it may harbour.
Lol. I know my country is NOT perfect by any means. But I get extra defensive when people go over the edge and say things they don't even know about. Like American politics. And then just for spite they run off saying that places are boring. Boring is an oppinion. I enjoy living in a place that pays above the national income, has top education, excelent health care and medical facilities, it's a clean place and I wouldn't move to the east or the west coast if given the option. America is a place made up of many cities and each of them offers importance. I'm sorry my city is so boring to you and so completely unworthy of being in existance. Perhaps thats why we're in the top 6 in the nation for Emergencey Response from D.C. and many other things. I know the USA is not perfect, but it's not a horrible place to live like some of you make it out to be. I should know - I live here, remember?


And thank you for your post PowerPuff. I'm glad someone dosent think I'm trying to be an arrogant prick for no reason.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 02:48   #18
coolasfcuk coolasfcuk is offline
Bitchka
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 5,015

PowerPuff Grrl, you are talking to someone who has lived in the mid-west long enough... and as happy as i am that i left it, i also would not deny i had great friends and met a lot of intelligent people.
now.... one, the fact is, it just happens that in urban areas and along the coast is where the intelligent population is in way higher persentage... two, i just responded to some pretty funny comments and as i said in the post above, i respond to those the same way they were written - aka i bias the reply as i please

ta-da

Talyubittu, are you kidding me? all i think is that you are ... let see... my guess would b e between 15 and 17 that's why i said i feel guilty chatting with you
and i really wanna see your answer to the race prejudice in S.D. , because man... if you tell me there is any.... LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 04:02   #19
Talyubittu Talyubittu is offline
Can You See Them Now?
 
Talyubittu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,057

Age dosen't prove inteligence. If you cannot recognize that people come from all over the place and represent many different things. Some of the greatest people to influence American history came from these so called places you find "unimportant".

And no - I do not see any racial prejudice in SD. Not where I live at least.

Last edited by Talyubittu; 03-12-2010 at 22:28.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 05:01   #20
coolasfcuk coolasfcuk is offline
Bitchka
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 5,015

LoL now you are putting words in my mouth

where did i say those states are 'unimportant'?

ha, you are humouring me! lets for the fun of it compare statistics:

Where you live, aka Sioux Falls, SD almost 90% of the population is WHITE! (according to the 2000 census - last completely calculated)
http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/popIn...locIndex=12976

Where I live less than 50% of the population is WHITE! (according to the same 2000 census)
http://www.bayareacensus.ca.gov/coun...iscoCounty.htm

please, recognize that we arent talking about #, but persentage
so what diversity are we talking about.... diversity in the belt buckles?

oh, and age wasnt about intelligence, but it;s about maturity and experience and common sense..live a little kid.. and travel a little

p.s. just to add more diversity comparison, since this is a gay-ish forum:

Where you live, people in same sex partnerships: score 56 where a score of 100 is the national AVERAGE.. you're like 50% below the AVERAGA! WOW http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...locIndex=12976

Where I live: score 479 http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...locIndex=10816

and you cant say that it's san francisco, it's the gayest, because look at providence, Ma, their score is: 2292 speak about gay town! then again, their diversity is limited, they dont have enough straight people LoL http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/gayIn...?locIndex=3099
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 29-01-2007 at 05:20.
  Reply With Quote
ReplyPost New Thread

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
European Union - General discussion haku Politics and Science 257 08-06-2007 14:59
USA - General discussion (Part 1) Kate Politics and Science 1013 26-01-2007 14:01
Official EuroVision Discussion Thread:: Part IV (May 21--May 23) tainted_chick News and Events 362 23-05-2003 23:42
Official EuroVision Discussion Thread:: Part III (May 02--May21) Kate News and Events 215 21-05-2003 23:25
POLL::Official EuroVision Discussion Thread:: Part II (April 09- May 02) Willow71 News and Events 205 01-05-2003 00:37



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:48.




© 2001-2008 Unofficial site of group TATU

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.