Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum of Russian Music General Forum of Russian Music

Serebro

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 21-05-2007, 01:52   #41
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
thanks, while the website didn't work it was enough info for me to find the lyrics and see how correct or wrong i was... and i was surprisingly rather on with this song (the lyrics are rather staccatto, so they're easier for me to understand i guess). but thanks again, it's such a simple song but i really like it haha.
Oh, I should've guessed it was lyrics themselves that you wanted, not the names of guys who wrote them lol stupid me And yeah... the song is pretty 'easy' for the ear and catchy in it's own way.
Old 21-05-2007, 20:17   #42
Martian Eyes

Thank you, la aurora for your explanation, helped me much to understand the phenomenon Fadeev.

On topic Serebro. I've watched the clips of their appearances during the time of the contest and the difference between Lena and the others became even more clear to me. She acts, takes the initiative, pays attention to the cameras and makes a little show, whenever there is an opportunity, without looking pestering. The others more or less behave like decoration.

Quite interesting too, their body language, how Olga and Marina often try to hide behind her shoulders, regularly 20 cm behind her. I didn't find a single scene, where they tried to show their personality. It may be shyness of beginners, but I believe, it's more - they are not addicted to limelight. I hope this group will not be a second 'Pussycat Dolls' with one artist and the rest, well for people who need to look at various gorgeous girls for ...
Old 21-05-2007, 23:08   #43
ex-sunnich

Argos,
not really arguing, just giving some more ideas to analyze ))

Lena was getting attention since early age. Performing at every school party, being on various contests. At the age of 17 when she got into FZ project, she wasn't someone totally new and you'd think that having prettyful face, charming smile, tons of energy, nice young little voice and all that experience, she'd easily become one of the leaders. Did it happen? No, absolutely. She got lost, not any better than these 2 girls now, worse actually )) She was getting to perform from time to time and do it in a cute way, but not really showing any initiative. She was shy, kind, childish, lazy.. and in critical moments - overhyper and funny like in 'if I'm not serious, they can't seriously judge me'. Producers saw talent in her and tried to help her to discover it in herself, audience was saving her with voting as she was 'nice' personality and looks wise and would do something terribly cute or touching from time to time. Like a puppy that sleeps most of the day and minds his business and then someone brings it into the room and everyone goes 'aww' for a moment and then forgets again. Believe it or not but she was one of the most forgettable kids in there, many of ones that left project earlier were brighter and if not this ESC thing, they'd be much more remembered than Lena.

Savicheva was in that one as well and she was.. mmm.. well.. disasterous lol Her first performance will probably be remembered as the most rediculous number on FZ ever. And overall she was clumsy, unconfident, pale and almost personality-free. But she got a couple of really good songs & performances by the end. Max was kind to her as she worked with him before doing back-vocals for Linda. When in 2004 she was out of blue chosen by Channel 1 for ESC, she was so pale and not ready that Max didnt even bother to show up for the show. He let Ch1 guys do whatever they thought was right and then got to work and turn Yulia in what she is now.

Later Temnikova took part in another show called Last Hero. It was 24/7 camera thing about intrigues on far from civilization island. And once again she was very kind and cute but absolutely no fighter. I don't even know why she went there. She refused to make any plots against people, she'd sit there hugging her friend Mona (Monokini-girl) and would get all teary and sad everytime someone was leaving. Other participants didn't even bother to vote her out early because she was absolutely no threat and they knew it.

Temnikova we see now is totally different. I keep wondering if having those 2 other girls around is actually what changed her (besides getting 4 years older and more experienced of course). Probably she feels that she has to work for all 3 now, she has this responsibility now and no one to hide behind. It's not just her own life that depends on her, she has to work for Max who trusts in her and for 2 other girls that are even in worse position than she was in the beining of FZ, as they had less attention before and suddenly found themselves in front of millions. She's being very protective. It shows actually. Have you noticed the nudge Olya recieved in the begining of their ESC performance (like'wake up, all is fine' one)? Or she demanded Malakhov to take hands off Marina in one of the recent interviews (lol ok, that was rather rude, but he sooo deserved the himuliation she put him through). She tries to cheer them up all the time and they seem pretty close. Probably she saw something in Olya when suggested her to Fadeev, and Fadeev himself had to see something too.

I do see progress already btw. They stayed behind Lena during ESC preparations time, they hid behind her in Helsinki. But in recent shows they seem to open up a bit. The stress of ESC is gone and they actually try to talk (journalists concentrate their attention on Lena mostly tho). And on that MTV 'Fashion guide' program when they had to deal with someone who doesn't speak russian the difference wasn't really that noticeble. All 3 looked excited and tried those shoes on. 2 'appendices' actually got more into converstation as they seem to have better english skills than Lena. I won't be surprised to see 'tatu situation' with time (the one when Yulia is so active during interviews in russian that Lena gets very few attention but then in english ones Lena does most of it). Or may be they go in their own way.

Time will show. Bit too early to make judgements here.

Last edited by la aurora; 21-05-2007 at 23:23.
Old 22-05-2007, 22:57   #44
Martian Eyes

Thanks again for your information, la aurora.

In FZ-2 Lena was certainly too young and immature, but that's the proof for Fadeev's instinct that he picked her, had patience with her and maybe he has found the right girl. Your judgement, that being the big sister for her co-performers triggered her quite fast personal development, is certainly true. She has a duty and responsibility now, something worth for fighting.

There are reports that Serebro is about to sign a contract with Sony, so there is not much time to accustom to the fact that they are stars now. This also means, that Olga and Marina will have to hurry to catch up with Lena. Hopefully they have a good start of their international career!

Offtop:
About Savicheva. I've seen her dancing not worse than today in Linda's 'Sdelaj tak'-video and singing enchantingly in 'Nikogda' and you expect that she would be a great artist a few years later, but there is not really much development since then. Great songs, weak performances, not much personality. What a pity.
Old 22-05-2007, 23:39   #45
ex-sunnich

Argos,
there are quite a lot of rumors about contracts at the moment but I guess we should take them as just that - rumors. I'll post some translation of bits of interview they had today a bit later but they confirmed getting a lot of pretty interesting offers. Information on this issue is secret tho, so whatever information circulates in Internet at the moment, it comes from neither Fadeev or girls.

Seems 2-4 hours of sleep a day, ESC and post-ESC stress are having their effect. Heat in Moscow doesn't help either. Olga is sick at home at the moment, Lena looks pale, exhausted and very tired. Marina seems to be doing the best of three. Seems she almost got used to this attention and during the appearences they had this last week, she looks relaxed, smiles and helps Lena with interviews quite a lot.
Old 23-05-2007, 11:00   #46
winter days ...

i think you must have a camera hidden in their place eh val you seem to know almost their every move
Old 23-05-2007, 11:23   #47
ex-sunnich

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
i think you must have a camera hidden in their place eh val you seem to know almost their every move
You know I do But the problem is they are never there, always out to to tell things about themselves to the media *sigh* WHat are you doing here btw? o.O You are too old for these ladies, u know. Get out
Old 23-05-2007, 11:59   #48
winter days ...

we have a saying in afrikaans
'kyk kos niks' -- looking costs nothing

so i am looking, dont worry, i keep hands off, i know theyre all yours !
Old 23-05-2007, 16:29   #49
Bitchka

OH MY GOD! I just saw WHO you are, la aurora
hello .. and send me an update of yourself?

..ok, continue about serebro.. Elena is sexy LoL
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-05-2007, 04:35   #50
ex-sunnich

LoL Aren't we fast, Kris? I mean I got nick changed like more than a year ago? Ok ok, I must admit I was never known as a master of proper comebacks but it feels good to be remembered by people I remember so well

Update on Serebro is coming in a few coz yes Lena is hot
Old 24-05-2007, 05:43   #51
Bitchka

upadte on serebro? pffff ... on YOU!
besides, i gave you that sunnich nickname, no?.. but a year ago? omg, i just thought you are one of those new teeny people that came when some other site closed! i should pay more attention to # of posts and other things in the profile, but who has time for that...lol

so, i have to admit i havent read this whole thread, but just couple of bits here and there and i wanna know - why Elena said she isnt a lesbian, but was photographed making out with one of the other two at eurovision? just out of curiosity - is that like 'im not a lesbian i love women.. i love to make out with them?' or what?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-05-2007, 05:55   #52
ex-sunnich

lol Yeah, Cools. That nick has your copyrights on it, I believe.

Now when it comes to you question, I guess it's the case of 'I don't know what lesbian is but I'm sure I'm not that' which is pretty typical for russian girls I must say lol You see, that time in ESC wasn't really a publicity stunt or smth as it wasn't first time. Whenever I saw her on screen in other 2 shows she took part in, she'd be sitting with hands around some girl and never got to flirt with boys around much. Probably she just trusts girls more in general, feels more comfortable around them and finds all that physical contact and playful behavior pretty natural. She's probably not aware that some people can consider such things gay and for her doing stuff and saying she's straight at the same time doesn't look strange lol
Old 24-05-2007, 06:06   #53
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by la aurora View Post
lol Yeah, Cools. That nick has your copyrights on it, I believe.

Now when it comes to you question, I guess it's the case of 'I don't know what lesbian is but I'm sure I'm not that' which is pretty typical for russian girls I must say lol You see, that time in ESC wasn't really a publicity stunt or smth as it wasn't first time. Whenever I saw her on screen in other 2 shows she took part in, she'd be sitting with hands around some girl and never got to flirt with boys around much. Probably she just trusts girls more in general, feels more comfortable around them and finds all that physical contact and playful behavior pretty natural. She's probably not aware that some people can consider such things gay and for her doing stuff and saying she's straight at the same time doesn't look strange lol
whatever you are on up there in moscow... i want some... and give me some to give to my biggest crush - a straight girl! ... or is it in the air

funny you say that though - i was reading something about eurovision, dont remember what and where but it was about how #1 serbia is pretty surely gay, #2 ukraine was GAY, #3 Russia.. someone mentioned that Elena is rumoured to be gay.. or that she is very very GIRL friendsly in that way... Gayovision

I still dont buy into that - i make out with girls and fondle them but i am straight, i mean girls in bulgaria do that as well... but not all the time and when there is a boy they want they are doing the same and more to him.... so, i need to see pics of Lena with boys, now... or else i am coming to Russia to find her

p.s. can you post pics of her making out/hugging girls? or even better VIDEO! LoL
oh and i wanted to add that the blonde one is kinda sexy as well.. not quite as much as lena, but there is something sassy about her - whats her name again?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 24-05-2007, 06:42   #54
ex-sunnich

Well u see, the main problem now is that they are like 22-24, hyper 24/7 and at the same time have absolutely no time for boys. And all 3 live together. You never know what happens in critical situations like this lol probably they just need some physical contact and that's why if someone was to have investigation on their sexual orientation he'd be a happy person, as really there's hardly any evidenses their are straight now.

Pics with boys:
1. Isn't he georgeous? lol Tabloids published some sexy story with him telling about how great it was and that he really wants to do it again
2. This guy was her husband for whole few weeks
And that's all All other pics are with girls and there are no even ex-boyfriend stories as her teachers and parents say she was too busy with singing to have them in Kurgan (and that was up to like 17 years old?)

I'll look for girls material you requested lol Too bad it's really hard when it comes to FZ footage. All available from her less hot days is pretty much is bad quality (smth like this)

The blond's name is Marina and it's wierd that it was Olga Lena was caught with because they seem being much more closer with blond one usually.
Old 24-05-2007, 06:43   #55
Bitchka

om more but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qajtu...elated&search= - how sad, Lena cannot understand or say a word in english... the other two are pretty good , but lena... c'mon, where have you been girl! LoL

edit, oh god, sunnich... excuse me aurora you are fast... lemme actually see what you posted before i run and sleeeeeeeeeeep!

thanks for the info... waiting for more links with girls and man, she was such a VILLAGE girl! LoL .. so its ok, how long has she bin in moscow? give her a little more time in the big bad city and the lesbian in her will totally come out.. i mean, if i was a gay girl deep in the russian village (Kurgan, i have to admit i had to look up where that was.... and Yekaterinburg i know, thats the closest i know) i would be straight as well .... she has definitelly gotten way better looking lately... she wasnt when she was in the fabrika zvezd....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 24-05-2007 at 06:54.
Old 24-05-2007, 07:00   #56
ex-sunnich

Probably they don't teach good english in Kurgan lol Especially to ones that don't even attend classes much. Olga is an interpreter by education and I guess she sucks in english with background like this.

And yeah, Lena was something at FZ Fadeev was going crazy over her village habbits. 5 years in Moscow had effect tho, it seems. And nah, she was really cute in FZ project, it's pitty there's no better footage. But she definitely wasn't sexy, she was a kid. She herself can't see those vids now without feeling ashamed lol
Old 25-05-2007, 15:22   #57
ex-sunnich

Takes lots of talent to get sick in 30C Moscow but I managed that somehow Here's are results of me having too much free time on my hands.

Pics! Most of these are kinda hard to find as Lena's site removed them recently but going to read forums posts 3-4 years ago does the trick

Village girl:
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10]

'Last Hero' show. Eating shit, no cosmetics and close to unbearable sun amount don't make people glamouros but still that island looked like a nice place to spend vacation on
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17]
It's frustrating what an idiot she was there tho. I mean majority of girls flashed every bit of their bodies in bikinis and played those 'oh, I don't see camera is watching, where's my sexy soap' games and this one managed to stay clothed, refused to make intrigues and actually worked in the camp. I mean why do you even go to such show if you aren't going to run around naked and being an ass

And now the main object of investigation - relationships

Husband [1] [2] [3]
Wierd story, really. 10 years difference, nothing passionate going on in the house, 'just close friends with with strong emotional and intellectual bond' before marriage and 'couple seeing each other 3-4 times a year' right after it. Tabloids give a lot of versions on what happened but however you look at it, it's wierd.

FZ 'gilfriends'

Polina Gagarina [1] [2] [3] They were pretty close friends, as you may see and it was the longest story as they both made it to the final of the show (3rd was Terleeva) and Polina won it in the end. But no, it's not really anything if we believe this small video shot a while after the project ended. Polina has cameras at her place, shows them photographs she has on the table and one of those is a pink frame with a pic of being kissed by Temnikova inside and sweet 'love u' signature. As Polina says, they love each other a lot.. just hihihi don't think it's in that way.

Evgeniya Rasskazova [1] [2] Just another very close friend from FZ house. So close, that they actually got to live together after the show renting an appartment for two. Could very well be that hot brunette Temnikova showed up on MTV with and jokingly introduced as her 'girlfriend and lover she couldn't cheat' to the admin of her Ch1 forum. But then.. it could be another brunette as well, she got quite a lot of those around.

Elena Terleeva [1] [2] Ok, not really. There was some girly hugs action going on but nothing too special, I just like the pics

Post-FZ girlfriends

Mona [1]. That's the Monokini girl - another project of Fadeev. They seem to be partying together a lot and they were around each other all the time they could at 'Last Hero' show.

Nastya [1] [2] Now this is the girl Lena's been attending every party and show with lately.

Serebro

Now that they live together since January and got really close friends, they seem really comfortable with each other. You've seen that Green Room pic, here's another one called 'Olya+Lena+Thee Dress'. There's ass grabbing going, getting too busy staring at each other to remember it's an interview and you have to listen to questions, grabing each other's legs saying 'it's the first time I feel like doing it' and looking all 'it's sooo not', having some relaxed working atmoshpere in the studio...

But really, all above doesn't mean much. Staright girls do such things all the time.

Some other things deserve more attention tho. Sexual orientation is obviously an exiting topic. She keeps playing 'lovers' or even calling them that jokingly, never misses a chance to catch the host on meaning something he/she never meant, repeating she's not that and at the same time sounding excited talking about Marija for example and then getting to look completely bored when hosts asks about attention they got from some guy there. But then.. it's all something straight girl could do.

The wierdest thing tho is all that 'I love men so much' game. She says playful compliments to near every male host but the moment the guy gets too close, she either looks all uncomfortable or gets rude like it was in High Ligue when she openly demanded not to touch her and Marina. It's all cool but if you have this immense love for men that you express whenever you get a chance, wouldn't it make sense to have at least 1-2 next to you? 'I don't have time for them' is quite a lame excuse.

So I can believe:
1) She's gay and she knows it but doesn't show
2) She's gay and doesn't admit it even to herself
3) She's straight but not even close to as active as she tries to seem and all girls are around just because she feels safe with them

The only thing I fail to believe is her being what she obviously tries to look like

Ok, I must admit putting this all together was too gay even for me
Old 25-05-2007, 20:40   #58
Bitchka

OMg, miss aurora! Thanks for the marvelous report

Quote:
Originally Posted by la aurora View Post
So I can believe:
1) She's gay and she knows it but doesn't show
2) She's gay and doesn't admit it even to herself
3) She's straight but not even close to as active as she tries to seem and all girls are around just because she feels safe with them
Agreed! Thugh i tend to think it is 1 or 2 ... either way, thank god shes movoed from the village ... hopefully she is around in some time to show us if she is 1 or 2

Quote:
Ok, I must admit putting this all together was too gay even for me
thats why we love ya, gay straight girl ... wait, is your last name Temnikova? LoL

I will comment more on the photos and vids when i get back, gotta run to the cafe for a coffee and cigg with the mom
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 26-05-2007, 04:50   #59
Bitchka

i just saw the vids, i dont know - i havent seen that much of her to be sure, sometimes it looks like weird PR (sort of like tatu) ... I will look up more (of course, feel free to share all serebro you want )
I mean, i forgot if i said it that its similar in BG and girls act similarly all the time and they are usually straight girls doing it, so its hard to say, but usually as you said there are boys around..

I dont know who their producer is, i am not following Russian pop scene (share with us? ) ... is he the new Shapavalov? LoL could that explain the PR - thought that's been said and done, i doubt they will try the same trick.. seems ODD.. wait just finished the last video where Maxim is talking about how it is a band for the world not russia, maybe he thinks that would sell AGAIN... LoL... at least they arent 14
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 26-05-2007, 10:16   #60
ex-sunnich

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk View Post
thats why we love ya, gay straight girl ... wait, is your last name Temnikova? LoL
No, Cools lol Unfortunately. But I'm working on that Just waiting for her to get divorced with her wierd husband for goddamn sake. They never 'rememebered, knew how to find each other and had time' for it. But I bet management is busy with it now

And nah, I really don't think it's 1 I believe it's 2 in the best case, probably 3 with a bit of 2 in the mix. If she was and she knew she was, she'd pay more attention I guess and be more careful expressing herself. Looks like she believes she's straight and that it's so obvious that nothing she does can ruin that straight image. I mean probably she's even right. She's been enjoying her time in the Green Room with Olga and in people's eyes managed to stay that straight girl harrased by gay Marija lol

And nah, I don't think the way girls interact is any kind of PR. I mean Temnikova did it since forever. Probably it's just a habbit, result of being over-emotional and need to feel comforted, something a child who doesn't think much about what's cool and what's not and just goes and gets kind of attention he wants does. We'll see what time and stardome changes in them but till now, Temnikova at her 22 was much more childish than Yulia and Lena at their 15-16, they have different backgrounds. Btw, I'm pretty sure quite a lot of things Tatu girls did were also not PR It was what was coming out of their mouths that was obvious PR, some choreography and kisses for the camera, rest of the 'magic' was a natural interaction of 2 girls that live and work with each other for so long, trust each other and look for support in each other.

Their producer is Max Fadeev and no, he's not Shapovalov for sure I mean unlike Ivan, Max's success doesn't rely on luck this much. He's around since mid 90ies (Mama-ma-marihuana.. we soo were singing this in school, was a breath of fresh air in this post-soviet show-business) and he actually managed to 'save' some hopeless material more than once. Plus he's actually a musician, he writes songs for his artists and some other too and he sings a bit better than Ivan He also does have lack of politeness at times and he's open for experiements but in addition to that he's a pro, he's a brand and he's in demand. I wrote more about him here.

He's too smart to seriously count on the world buying another pseudo-lesbians from Russia. His idea was much more pragmatic: Russian artists sell in Asia pretty well (some of those we don't buy here lol), that market have enough space for new names. Tatu sold more albums than The Beatles, Via Gra girls did pretty well too. Lesbian issue doesn't have there the kind of effect it has on the West. It's not that much of a scandal, it's not always '100% yes' or '100% no' there, if you saw some anime you get what I mean. Small fragile girls with big eyes, pale skin, emo-hairstyle and proper make-up & clothing - that's the image they admire in the cartoons they create and this image is so much easier to re-create working with eauropean face-type material. Add some attitude, make sure they ooze sex, think of proper branding and compensate lack of scandal with teaching the girls to move and sing.. equipe them with eye-candy videos and up-to-date catchy sound and here you have you small perfectly planned project for specific region of the world Then it gets much easier to get a contract with some big lable like Universal and all this is already some ground for promotion in 'mother' Russia, where 3 russian girls are nothing new and singing in english doesn't help selling stuff either. Absolutely pragamtic plan, I'd say.

This ESC thing made them change plans a bit. It wasn't really a risk as 3 sexy russian girls that can move and hit at least every 2nd note, with modern charts material song.. with all our neighbours.. really, top10 was garanteed, top5 was very likely and that' already 'success' and big media attention in Russia. And that's the goal. Rest is just a nice addition. They saw they are up to standards enough, they got lots of nice suggestions and they'll most likely try them out, but any moment they can go back to original plan and still be commercially successful. It's a win-win situation, no wonder professionals call him 'genious Fadeev' here lol

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Last edited by la aurora; 26-05-2007 at 11:31.
ReplyPost New Thread